This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful retreat on Sunset Beach, seven kilometres from Geraldton
- Viewing platform with spectacular ocean views within a minute's walk
- Pool, lounge, games room, barbecues and two guest kitchens
Beach and sunsets, sunsets and beach... this Mid West base is mightily well named.
It's but a short and scenic stroll from Sunset Beach Holiday Park to the beachfront of the same name, a spectacular spot for windsurfing, fishing, or simple ambles along the sands and foreshore for a glass of vino (local, obvs) while the sun sinks down over the Indian Ocean: drink it all in from the viewing platform a minute's walk away.
Sunset Beach is 10 minutes' drive from the sizeable Western Australian port town of Geraldton, known throughout the region for its surfing, kitesurfing as well as other watery pastimes such as boating, sailing, scuba diving and snorkelling. There's a good bit to do around the grounds too if you can peel yourself from the sands or your surfboard: a pool open in all seasons, a giant kangaroo jumping pillow for the kids, and a comfy lounge with big screen TV, pool table and book swap bookcase along with a separate games room.
Eats are easily sorted among the many shops and restaurants of nearby Geraldton; if your dinners will be DIY, two camp kitchens as well as free gas barbecues around the park are all at your disposal.
And finally? If you're fortunate enough to be on an Aussie road trip, it's about four and a half hours' drive south to Perth from this splendid sunset and beach spot.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
I like the place and chalet that we stayed. Its …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Medium (26-50 sites)
Start off your exploring adventures in Geraldton seven kilometres away, home to weeks' worth of activities in and out of the water. Info on all this and more is at the Geraldton Visitor Centre, in the old Geraldton railway station on Marine Terrace.
Your many Geraldton options, for example, include that famed windsurfing, kitesurfing and sailing, along with other activities such as scuba diving among the many wrecks along this stretch of coast (probably the best known is South Tomi, sunk here in 2004). The town's famed landmark of the Point Moore lighthouse is easily spotted for photo opps: just look for the red and white stripes.
You could also check out the shows of Queens Park Theatre, with its excellent amphitheatre for alfresco events; have more sand days at Geraldton's many beaches, or use the town as a base for trips to the stunning Abrolhos Islands, 60 kilometres off shore.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Sunset Beach Holiday Park cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
- A cancellation fee of $30.00 will apply for cancellations more than 7 days prior to arrival .
- Early departure during your stay will receive no refund but a credit for next visit.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Sunset Beach Holiday Park will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Sunset Beach Holiday Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Sunset Beach Holiday Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Sunset Beach Holiday Park? Start off your exploring adventures in Geraldton seven kilometres away, home to weeks' worth of activities in and out of the water. Info on all this and more is at the Geraldton … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Sunset Beach Holiday Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.