This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On the banks of the Kalgan river, 20 minutes' drive from Albany
- A 10-minute drive from Nanarup beach and Gull Rock National Park
- Tennis, golf and river frontage for swims and several types of fishing
Start your morning with a g’day to the gum trees, and the kangaroos… there are plenty of both around the 46 acres of Kalgan River Chalets and Caravan Park, a Western Australia wildlife haven on the banks of the gorgeous Kalgan river 20 minutes’ drive from Albany.
For some folk, the sight of a river in such close proximity means just one thing: fishing. And those people are likely to be pleased indeed at this park, as the strategic location means there’s a choice of river, harbour and open water fishing from the privately accessed boat ramp – and a good stock of salmon, tuna, snapper, pike and other critters waiting in the waters.
Not after any angling? Steer away from the rods and leap into the river for a swim, or set out to walk among the wildflowers that grow on the banks. There are tennis courts on site too, and a nine-hole golf course to putt your way around, with kit available to hire for either game.
To fuel all this alfresco activity, settle in for eats and hot drinks at the site’s café/coffee shop, or gather your own supplies to cook at the camp kitchen or barbecue shelter. If you fear getting chilly of an evening, hire a firepit and pick up a stack of wood to get the flames going. By the fire or out in the open, it’s worth remembering that the Great Southern region is home to lots of fine wineries, and therefore a bottle of something local is an essential accompaniment.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
From the manager...
Thank you for taking the time to review our park. So pleased you loved it and would stay again. We look forward to seeing you again should you be visiting this area.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed low season only
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Can you hear the coast calling? Yup, you probably can – it’s only about a 10-minute drive to the gorgeous sands of Nanarup beach, or to wander along the bushland trails and beaches of Gull Rock National Park. More? Try out Middleton beach, Emu Point, Cable Beach… all are within a half-hour drive.
It wasn’t just the top-notch beaches that enticed people to this area in the olden days – nope, they saw the glimmer of the Gold Rush. Buildings from around that time can be seen on the heritage trail in Albany (20 minutes), along with the old whaling station, the National Anzac Centre and the amazing art of the Chainsaw Sculptures (delicately carved by chainsaw indeed).
Once you’ve wandered around town, take a look at some of the tours you can sign up for in Albany – whale-watching boats leave from the harbour in season, and there are some tasty tours that’ll take you on a bus ride out to meet the folk that produce wine, cheese and chocolates in the area (with generous samples of their various wares, of course…)
- Does Kalgan River Chalets and Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Kalgan River Chalets and Caravan Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Kalgan River Chalets and Caravan Park? Can you hear the coast calling? Yup, you probably can – it’s only about a 10-minute drive to the gorgeous sands of Nanarup beach, or to wander along the bushland trails and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Kalgan River Chalets and Caravan Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10:30 a.m.