This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site on the Afon Dewi Fawr river, two miles from St Clears
- Friendly helpful team, firepits, picnic tables and spotless amenities
- Birdwatching and stargazing haven
Lakeside Leisure is a peaceful site centred around a lake and bordered by the Afon Dewi Fawr river, two miles north of St Clears.
The town's restaurants, pubs and supermarket are within easy reach but the site maintains a quiet rural atmosphere where you can relax in natural surroundings. Buzzards and kites often fly overhead, and Canadian geese land on the lake, making this a good area for birdwatching. The lack of light pollution also means you can expect good stargazing on a clear night.
Activities nearby include riding, walking in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park and a range of watersports in Pendine. The local area also plenty of attractions to visit, including castles, gardens and museums.
Lakeside Leisure has a clean shower/toilet block for guests' use.
Open from 01/01/2021 to 31/12/2021
Open from 01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Lovely small site, great views of the lake and river …
Beautiful location. Very helpful site manager
Level pitches, staff almost not present, muddy facilities
Private island was a perfect setup for our first camping …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.2 kilometres
3.2 kilometres Chemist — 3.3 kilometres
3.3 kilometres Bus Station — 12.4 kilometres
- Train stations
Whitland Rail Station
— 9.3 kilometres
9.3 kilometres Ferryside Rail Station — 12.1 kilometres
12.1 kilometres Carmarthen Rail Station — 12.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Tenby Ferry Landing
— 24.3 kilometres
24.3 kilometres Caldey Island Ferry Landing — 27.2 kilometres
27.2 kilometres Pembroke Dock Ferry Terminal — 36.3 kilometres
— 39.9 kilometres
Stroll, cycle or drive the two and a half miles to St Clears on the River Taf to potter around the town's pubs or to take the free St Clears guided trail, a walk of a mile and a half guided by audio commentary (pick up handsets at the Gate on Pentre Rd from Monday to Saturdays).
From St Clears, it's five miles' or about 10 minutes' drive to Laugharne, famed as the last home of Welsh bard Dylan Thomas. The Dylan Thomas Boathouse, where Thomas lived for the last four years of his life, is now a visitor attraction and museum, and includes a tearoom said to have among the best afternoon teas in all the UK.
For active days, the seven-mile stretch of Pendine Sands beach (25 minutes' drive) is a top spot for surfing, kayaking and paddleboarding for all ages, while coasteering, archery, ziplining, caving, abseiling and other activities can all be sorted from Morfa Bay Adventure within the same distance.
If you'd rather soar above ground than go underneath it, the National Trust's Colby Woodland Garden (also 25 minutes) just over the border in Pembrokeshire has rope swings to monkey around on, as well as regular activities like campfire building and den building to try.
- National Wool Museum (20.6 kilometres)
- Pembrey Country Park (22.3 kilometres)
- National Botanic Garden of Wales (23.5 kilometres)
- Tudor Merchant's House (24.4 kilometres)
- Aberdeunant (33.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Lakeside Leisure have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Lakeside Leisure dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Lakeside Leisure? Stroll, cycle or drive the two and a half miles to St Clears on the River Taf to potter around the town's pubs or to take the free St Clears guided trail, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Lakeside Leisure?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.