This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful, off-grid woodland glamping site close to the Brecon Beacons
- Close to the famous book town of Hay-on-Wye and Offa's Dyke
- Eco-friendly units each with firepit and woodburning stove
Cosy Under Canvas is a woodland glamping site that lends itself to a relaxed, alternative break away from the trappings of a hectic life. It is perfect for those who love the idea of a unique, low-impact and environmentally-friendly camping with everything provided.
Each unit is set on a wooden platform with a private firepit and a stylish woodburning stove which can be stocked up to keep you toasty overnight and on those sometimes chilly summer evenings. Keep warm under the thick feather duvets, contemporary Welsh blankets, throws, sheepskins, and crisp bedding, plus there are beanbags and fluffy rugs: it is peaceful, relaxing and comfortable.
The site keeps its environmental impact to a minimum. There are compost toilets and eco wood-fired showers with a canopy view. Alternatively, you can use the washroom and the biomass boiler-heated power showers.
Campfires are positively encouraged and there's a firepit in front of each unit as well as plenty of seating for everyone. The large spaces around the firepits mean that campfire cooking is a must so dig into a one-pot stew or prepare a barbecue feast.
There’s something to keep everyone entertained whatever their age. Children will enjoy following the trail around the site to the swings and den and they can also use the activity book for ideas of which woodland games to play. Big groups can set up a giant Jenga, play pétanque or card games, and get creative with the crafty bits and bobs in the cosy corner.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Staggered showering times
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 26.3 kilometres
26.3 kilometres Telephone Exchange — 28.7 kilometres
28.7 kilometres Country Bus Station — 31.8 kilometres
- Train stations
Builth Road Rail Station
— 18.9 kilometres
18.9 kilometres Pen-y-Bont Rail Station — 19.1 kilometres
19.1 kilometres Dolau Rail Station — 19.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Newport (S Wales) Ferry Terminal
— 64.8 kilometres
— 73.7 kilometres
From Hay-on-Wye take the bridge over the river into Clyro. Turn right onto the A428 signposted to Hereford then take the second left and immediate right in the village signposted to Newchurch. Follow this road for four miles and you will see the sign for the site on your right-hand side.
Within a mile of Offa's Dyke, which forms the border between England and Wales, and close to the Brecon Beacons National Park and Black Mountains, Cosy Under Canvas is a fab retreat for those seeking a base for walking or exploring the area.
The unique market town of Hay-on-Wye with its several bookshops is only four miles away and the opportunities locally for outdoor activities are endless. They include hiking, walking, horse riding, trekking, canoeing, cycling, climbing, gliding and caving.
- Ludlow Castle (39.2 kilometres)
- Stokesay Castle (39.5 kilometres)
- Blaenavon Ironworks (40.2 kilometres)
- Cwmmau Farmhouse (6.4 kilometres)
- The Weir (24.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Can bookings for Cosy Under Canvas be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campground/park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 31/12/2021. Read more
- Does Cosy Under Canvas have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Cosy Under Canvas dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cosy Under Canvas? Within a mile of Offa's Dyke, which forms the border between England and Wales, and close to the Brecon Beacons National Park and Black Mountains, Cosy Under Canvas is a fab retreat … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Cosy Under Canvas?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.