This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful pub site on the outskirts of Wool, Dorset
- A 15-minute drive from Lulworth; 25 minutes to Weymouth or Dorchester
- Local pub serving great food and real ales; one mile from Wool station
Heavens above – this is a stellar spot indeed. Set on the outskirts of the peaceful village of Wool, Seven Stars Inn is a pub site close to the A352, making this a fab base for visitors looking to tour the length and breadth of Dorset. The Isle of Purbeck and the Jurassic Coast are both within easy reach, as are top family attractions like Monkey World and The Tank Museum.
This sociable site has plenty of green space where all kinds of groups (and their dogs) can mingle, while visiting kids are free to let off steam at the play area. On fine summer evenings guests can set up a campfire or barbecue for outdoor grills, or pop into the on-site bar and restaurant for traditional pub grub and real ales in a friendly atmosphere.
On the practical front, facilities like toilets, showers and wifi are all taken care of, while amenities like a food shop and café are available in the village centre (five minutes' drive or a 20-minute walk). Feel free to leave the car at home if you're looking to pitch up here: Wool station, a regular stop on the London to Weymouth line, is a mile away from the site entrance and handy bus services also run through the village.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Lovely no frills site with great location
Excellent stay will definitely be visiting again!
Nice site with choice of pitches.
Perfect location, friendlt, clean really loved it bank holiday weekend …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 8.6 kilometres
8.6 kilometres Post Office — 8.6 kilometres
8.6 kilometres East Street — 13.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Wool Rail Station
— 0.7 kilometres
0.7 kilometres Moreton (Dorset) Rail Station — 6.2 kilometres
6.2 kilometres Wareham Rail Station — 8.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Poole Ferry Terminal
— 17.1 kilometres
17.1 kilometres Weymouth Ferry Terminal — 17.3 kilometres
17.3 kilometres Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 17.7 kilometres
Bournemouth International Airport
— 30.2 kilometres
Well, there are stacks of family-friendly days out around this part of Dorset. Nearby Monkey World (five minutes' drive), a 65-acre ape rescue park, is one of those fab places that's got a good amount of informative stuff among all the animal antics. The Tank Museum, meanwhile, is home to historic armoured vehicles from all over the world, some of which can be seen in action in live displays (10 minutes).
If towers and turrets are your thing, take a trip to stately Lulworth Castle (10 minutes), and the hilltop ruins at Corfe Castle (15 minutes); stick around at the latter if you fancy jumping on one of the heritage steam trains that run between here and Swanage. Dorchester, Dorset's county town, is also nearby: head here to visit Maiden Castle, a fascinating Iron Age hill fort (25 minutes).
If it’s sand and surf you seek, start off with Lulworth Cove (15 minutes) or spectacular Durdle Door (15 minutes), or head to Weymouth for classic seaside amusements, a sandy beach and the top-rated Sealife Centre aquarium (25 minutes).
- The Tank Museum (1.8 kilometres)
- Monkey World - Ape Rescue Centre (2.1 kilometres)
- Lulworth Castle & Park (4.9 kilometres)
- Clouds Hill (4.4 kilometres)
- Hardy's Cottage (12.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Seven Stars Inn have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Seven Stars Inn dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Seven Stars Inn? Well, there are stacks of family-friendly days out around this part of Dorset. Nearby Monkey World (five minutes' drive), a 65-acre ape rescue park, is one of those fab places that's got … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Seven Stars Inn?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.