This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Shepherd’s huts beside a pond on the grounds of a 16th-century pub
- A 15-minute drive to Godalming; llama treks organised from the site
- Units include smart TVs, coffee machines, wifi and underfloor heating
What could make a stay in a swish shepherd’s hut in the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty even more spectacular? A scenic pond? Yep. A 16th-century pub just opposite? Definitely. And a group of llamas in the grounds...? 100%.
These animals hang out in the village of Hambledon: go wave hello on your way to drinks at The Merry Harriers inn (which the site belongs to), where you can still spy the list of landlords’ names written on the walls dating as far back as the early 1700s. Or better yet ask at the bar about treks with these furry creatures in tow; amble alongside them on The Greensand Way while they carry a picnic prepared for you by the pub (with options to add a bit of fizz as a treat…).
You could also sip a glass of vino – kept cool in the wine fridge – while lying back on the teak sun loungers beside the firepit outside your shepherd’s hut during cooler summer evenings or cosy up in front of the logburner inside in winter. Your slick space will also have a private bathroom with a shower and luxury toiletries, a flatscreen TV, wifi access and a Nespresso coffee machine.
The underfloor heating is a cosy addition to the hut and one that’s especially welcome after getting feet wet on a fly fishing in the local area (check on site about organised trips). You can spend time outdoors gazing at more than 1,000 different tree and shrub species at the National Trust - Winkworth Arboretum too, just over five minutes’ drive away, or in the 25 acres of woodland and hills at award-winning Ramster Gardens about 10 minutes down the road…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 8.8 kilometres
8.8 kilometres Crossroads — 8.8 kilometres
8.8 kilometres Tesco — 10.6 kilometres
- Train stations
Witley Rail Station
— 2.3 kilometres
2.3 kilometres Milford (Surrey) Rail Station — 2.4 kilometres
2.4 kilometres Godalming Rail Station — 4.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Weybridge Ferry Landing
— 28.7 kilometres
28.7 kilometres Shepperton Ferry Landing — 28.8 kilometres
28.8 kilometres Ditton Island Ferry Landing — 34.1 kilometres
London Gatwick Airport North Terminal
— 30.8 kilometres
30.8 kilometres London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 31.8 kilometres
31.8 kilometres London Gatwick Airport — 31.9 kilometres
Cracking stately homes are rife in the rural lands around the South Downs: head to Petworth House and Park (20 minutes’ drive) for one of the best in the area, a mansion with a fine art collection displayed in grand rooms. You can see works by Turner, Flaxman and Blake here as well as take tours of the servants’ quarters or wander about in the 700-acre deer park.
Prefer cycling to sauntering? Bikes can be rented in Hambledon for tours of the countryside on two wheels.
While you’re in the village have a look inside the well-preserved Oakhurst Cottage with its renovated timber-framed front to see how labourers lived in the 16th century; the garden’s interesting too, as it’s planted with flowers that were popular in Victorian times.
- Fishers Adventure Farm Park (15.5 kilometres)
- Birdworld (16.0 kilometres)
- Petworth House & Park (17.3 kilometres)
- Oakhurst Cottage (1.4 kilometres)
- Winkworth Arboretum (2.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Merry Harriers have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Merry Harriers dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Merry Harriers? Cracking stately homes are rife in the rural lands around the South Downs: head to Petworth House and Park (20 minutes’ drive) for one of the best in the area, a mansion … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Merry Harriers?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.