This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Laidback pop-up site on a coastal Essex farm
- Five minutes' drive from Mistley and 15 minutes from Harwich
- Direct beach access; a few minutes' walk from the Essex Way
Ragmarsh Farm Pop-up Campsite is a relaxed nine-acre farm site on the peaceful east coast, located between Wrabness and Mistley. With direct beach access and stonking sea views, there's a lot about this place to lead one to believe that truly, the only way is Essex…
The farm actually owns the stretch of beach adjacent to the pitches, and the waters of the Stour are splendid for bathing at high tide; with its gentle gradient, it's easy to always stay within your depth. Because of the stony sea bed, you'd do well to pack a pair of jelly shoes or flip flops if wading out here.
This site is off-grid, but high-end mobile loos are available in a trailer that's subject to thorough and regular cleaning. There's also a shower trailer where you can scrub up after dips in the sea. Barbecues are allowed at Ragmarsh Farm Pop-up Campsite (on the paving slab provided), and there's a mains cold water supply that guests can access (the site also has a bowser for non-drinking purposes, and sells bottled water in five-litre bottles).
This pretty part of the coast doesn't get quite as much press as its Suffolk counterpart on the other side of the River Stour estuary, but strolling along the nearby Essex Way (a few minutes' walk from site) is a great way to explore these quieter beaches, marshes and well-preserved seafront villages (like Mistley, which is five minutes' drive away) and towns (like Manningtree, which is 10).
Open from 25/06/2021 to 27/06/2021
Open from 02/07/2021 to 04/07/2021
Open from 09/07/2021 to 11/07/2021
Open from 16/07/2021 to 18/07/2021
Open from 23/07/2021 to 06/09/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
2nd stay here
From the manager...
Hi Sheila, we're glad your enjoyed your stay.
Fantastic little site, great views and a handy burger van
We hope to be able to come back next year!
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra toilet/shower facilities available
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
- Coach stations
Capel St Mary (Suffolk) Coach Stop
— 8.3 kilometres
8.3 kilometres Alresford (Essex): Main Rd Coach Stop — 12.2 kilometres
12.2 kilometres Thorrington (Essex): Crossroads Coach Stop — 12.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Mistley Rail Station
— 2.6 kilometres
2.6 kilometres Wrabness Rail Station — 3.6 kilometres
3.6 kilometres Manningtree Rail Station — 5.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Harwich International Ferry Terminal
— 9.3 kilometres
9.3 kilometres Shotley Point Marina Ferry Landing — 11.0 kilometres
11.0 kilometres Shotley Point Marina Ferry Landing — 11.0 kilometres
London Southend Airport
— 50.2 kilometres
Local attractions and amenities include:
- The Essex Way: a few minutes' walk from site
- Mistley Towers: five minutes' drive
- Wrabness Nature Reserve: 10 minutes
- Mayflower Heritage Centre: 15 minutes
- Harwich Redoubt Fort: 15 minutes
- Harwich Harbour Ferry: 15 minutes
- Flatford Mill (National Trust property): 20 minutes
- Colchester Zoo: 30 minutes
- Jimmy's Farm and Wildlife Park: 30 minutes
- Christchurch Mansion (13.7 kilometres)
- firstsite (15.8 kilometres)
- Colchester Castle Museum (15.9 kilometres)
- Flatford: Bridge Cottage (7.1 kilometres)
- Thorington Hall (13.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
Ragmarsh Farm Pop-up Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Ragmarsh Farm Pop-up Campsite will debit the balance from your card 12 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 12 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Ragmarsh Farm Pop-up Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Ragmarsh Farm Pop-up Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Ragmarsh Farm Pop-up Campsite? Local attractions and amenities include: - The Essex Way: a few minutes' walk from site - Mistley Towers: five minutes' drive - Wrabness Nature Reserve: 10 minutes - Mayflower Heritage Centre: 15 … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Ragmarsh Farm Pop-up Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon