This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Family-friendly working farm site in the South Downs National Park
- A 10-minute drive from Ditchling Beacon and 25 minutes from Brighton
- On-site farm shop, tearoom and kids' farm (free entry for guests)
The Oaks Poultry Farm doesn’t overcomplicate things when it comes to a breezy break away… in the South Downs National Park, this working farm site is a simple, straightforward and friendly site in the scenic Sussex countryside with a lush field where you may pick your preferred patch to plop down on.
You won’t need to sacrifice the simple pleasures of a break in the outdoors here, as the site permits small firepits and there are logs available to buy from the on-site shop (or you may bring your own). As the site is surrounded by woodlands and wildlife, you won’t able to pick your own wood there.
Meals are made pretty easy here too, as the on-site farm shop sells quality fresh meat from the farm, eggs and other essentials such as baked beans, milk and bacon. The shop is only closed on Sundays, so if you’re planning something then, the site takes orders to be collected on a Sunday.
With walks close by, you may decide to re-energise in the on-site tearoom too, where there’s tea, coffee, homemade cakes and ice creams, plus outdoor seating. The small indoor play area has a place where adults may sit down while kids muck about in the sandpit and mud kitchens or meet the small petting animals.
As a working farm, there are a number of animals including donkeys, goats, ducks, cows and poultry to see. The facilities are basic, inlcuding toilets and showers split into male and female, along with dishwashing facilities.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
From the manager...
We are a small family run farm business looking to diversify and this our first full camping season, so we appreciate your feedback.
Excellent site for families, friendly staff. Farm animals to visit.
From the manager...
We are very sorry the local house party ruined your visit with us. You were incredibly unlucky to have three noisy events occurring at the same time. We have never experienced this level of disturbance before in this area, even around the bank holiday. On investigation, the local party was a weekend house party while the parents were away. At the time of writing, 76% of our reviews comment that the campsite is peaceful.
Lovely family run farm with a great farm shop and clean facilities
Ed and his family were so friendly and welcoming. Great …
A lovely little place to rest your head
The family that own this farm are such lovely people. …
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Hand sanitizing stations
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 7.0 kilometres
7.0 kilometres The Castle — 7.2 kilometres
7.2 kilometres Black Lion — 8.8 kilometres
- Train stations
Burgess Hill Rail Station
— 2.3 kilometres
2.3 kilometres Wivelsfield Rail Station — 3.1 kilometres
3.1 kilometres Hassocks Rail Station — 3.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal
— 19.9 kilometres
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 17.5 kilometres
17.5 kilometres London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 24.6 kilometres
24.6 kilometres London Gatwick Airport — 24.6 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Ditchling Beacon (highest point in the South Downs): 10 minutes’ drive
- Bluebell Railway (heritage steam train trips): 15 minutes
- Devil's Dyke (National Trust beauty spot with walking trails): 20 minutes
- Brighton: 25 minutes
- Leonardslee Lakes & Gardens (sculpture park, lake and gardens and wine tasting in the vineyard): 25 minutes
- Monk's House (National Trust site with the 16th-century cottage of Virginia Woolf): 25 minutes
- Rottingdean beach: half an hour
- Cissbury Ring (historic hill with a Neolithic flint mine and Iron Age hillfort): 35 minutes
- Seven Sisters Cliffs (country park with chalk cliffs): 50 minutes.
- Sheffield Park Garden (10.5 kilometres)
- Bluebell Railway (10.5 kilometres)
- Preston Manor (11.1 kilometres)
- Sheffield Park Garden (10.5 kilometres)
- Monk's House (14.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||noon –||6 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||noon –||8 p.m.|
The Oaks Poultry Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
The campground/park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. The Oaks Poultry Farm will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does The Oaks Poultry Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Oaks Poultry Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Oaks Poultry Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Ditchling Beacon (highest point in the South Downs): 10 minutes’ drive - Bluebell Railway (heritage steam train trips): 15 minutes - Devil's Dyke (National Trust beauty … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Oaks Poultry Farm?
Camping and caravan Arrive: noon – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon