This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-run park in rural Co. Durham with easy access from the A1
- A 10-minute drive to Durham city centre; 20 minutes to the coast
- Tea room on site for breakfasts, hot drinks and homemade cakes
Strawberry Hill Farm Camping and Caravan Park is a family-run park in an excellent Co. Durham location, easily accessed from the A181 and a couple of miles from the A1 (thus making it a handy stopover point for long journeys north/south as well as a good location in its own right).
This rural spot is spacious and peaceful, with easy access to country walks and dogs permitted to join you on site for such outings. Given these surrounds you may perhaps find it a little surprising that you can get into the centre of Durham with a drive of about 10 minutes – and if you fancy throwing in some coast time among the country and city days, that’s easily done by driving the 20 minutes over to the area known as the Durham Heritage Coast.
Owners Adam and Louise are people that understand what guests want after a long drive or a day out: namely a good cup of tea or coffee and a tasty slice of homemade cake… All of these are on offer at the site’s tea room (open to the public as well as guests), along with breakfasts and afternoon teas. A play area is on hand too for any kids who need to work off a sugar rush.
Elsewhere around the site, all the basic amenities are provided including hot showers, toilets, a washing-up area, wifi and a laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer. Barbecue supplies and basic groceries can be bought on site; a village shop is five minutes’ drive away and there are several supermarkets within a 10-minute drive.
Open from 12/04/2021 to 04/01/2022
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Well kept with friendly helpful staff , facilities are clean
Very clean and tidy good facilities
Good base of you want to explore the North East
Excellent site. Owners are really helpful and friendly
The couple who run this site were exceptionally friendly and …
Tidiness, cleanliness. Friendliness of owner.
Clean, quiet, and friendly! The couple who own the site were spot on.
Excellent site , great attention to detail, and very friendly staff
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitizing stations
Meal delivery to unit/pitch/outdoor seated area
One-way flow for entering/leaving buildings
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
- Coach stations
— 7.7 kilometres
7.7 kilometres South Burns Stand K — 13.5 kilometres
13.5 kilometres Washington (T&W): Galleries Bus Stn — 16.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Durham Rail Station
— 7.7 kilometres
7.7 kilometres Seaham Rail Station — 12.4 kilometres
12.4 kilometres Chester-le-Street Rail Station — 13.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge North Side
— 24.4 kilometres
24.4 kilometres Transporter Bridge South Side — 24.5 kilometres
24.5 kilometres Newcastle International Ferry Terminal — 26.7 kilometres
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 27.1 kilometres
27.1 kilometres Newcastle International Airport — 35.1 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Durham (cathedral, castle, Crook Hall and riverside walks): 10 minutes' drive
- Hardwick Country Park: 15 minutes
- Featherbed Rocks (coastal location): 20 minutes
- Auckland Castle: 20 minutes
- Adventure Valley (amusement park with play areas and farm animals): 20 minutes
- Diggerland Durham: 20 minutes
- Beamish, the Living Museum of the North: 25 minutes
- Bowes Museum: 40 minutes.
- Durham Cathedral (7.1 kilometres)
- Durham Castle (7.3 kilometres)
- Durham Coast (11.3 kilometres)
- Washington Old Hall (16.8 kilometres)
- Souter Lighthouse and The Leas (25.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Strawberry Hill Farm Caravan and Camping Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Strawberry Hill Farm Caravan and Camping Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Strawberry Hill Farm Caravan and Camping Park? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Durham (cathedral, castle, Crook Hall and riverside walks): 10 minutes' drive - Hardwick Country Park: 15 minutes - Featherbed Rocks (coastal location): 20 minutes - Auckland … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Strawberry Hill Farm Caravan and Camping Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.