This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful rural site on a smallholding three miles from Halesworth
- 25 minutes' drive from the seaside town of Southwold
- Barbecue area, picnic tables and occasional live music on site
Pick a pitch at Paradise Barn Camping and Caravanning and you’ll most likely have some rather beastly neighbours… rabbits, deer and pheasants are among the wild visitors often spotted here, and you may well also hear a bit of chat from the resident barn owl.
They’re attracted to this 14-acre Suffolk smallholding by the quiet country setting, the well-kept gardens and lack of noisome passing traffic. Those aspects tend to be pretty appealing to humanfolk too, as are the spacious pitches and the dark skies, which make an excellent backdrop to a fine evening round the campfire.
Going with that peaceful territory is easy access to a network of quiet rural roads for leisurely walks or bike rides (you can make the 10-mile journey to Flixton or Bungay without clapping eyes on a main road) and a clutch of country pubs, including a couple in Halesworth, three miles away. Fishing folks may fancy trying their luck at the trout lake next door or taking a trip on the site’s sea fishing boat from Lowestoft, 20 miles away.
Evenings on site tend to be fairly chilled affairs, as guests gather round the barbecues and picnic tables for their alfresco feasts, although occasionally there’s live music and other entertainment to get the party going.
Open from 23/04/2021 to 17/10/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Please try harder to inform customers what is going on
Excellent site, great facilities.
We liked that it was very peaceful and not over …
Very friendly and helpful owners.
Friendly welcome. Happy n positive. Good sized pitch n electric …
Clean and peaceful
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
- Coach stations
Bungay: Earsham Street Coach Stop
— 11.8 kilometres
11.8 kilometres Harleston (Norfolk): Broad St Coach Stop — 12.5 kilometres
12.5 kilometres Beccles: Old Market Coach Stop — 13.8 kilometres
- Train stations
Halesworth Rail Station
— 2.9 kilometres
2.9 kilometres Brampton (Suffolk) Rail Station — 7.3 kilometres
7.3 kilometres Darsham Rail Station — 9.7 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Southwold Ferry Landing
— 14.5 kilometres
14.5 kilometres Walberswick Ferry Landing — 14.5 kilometres
14.5 kilometres Reedham Ferry South — 23.7 kilometres
Norwich International Airport
— 37.6 kilometres
You don’t need to stray too far from Paradise Barn to find things to fill your days – as well as the trout lake next door there’s coarse fishing a mile away, and with a drive of 10 minutes or so you can be visiting the Halesworth Airfield Memorial Museum, playing a round at the local golf course or meeting the residents of Oasis Camel Park.
Those fond of a tipple or two may like to take a half-hour wander over to Valley Farm Vineyards, where you can take a tour and sample some of their latest vintages. Those who prefer a pint should make a beeline for the Adnams brewery in Southwold, where you’ll see the brewing process in action before honing your beer drinking skills with a tutored tasting.
Southwold’s also got a fab beach and an excellent pier with some classic seaside fun to be had at the Wacky Walk of Mirrors and the Under the Pier Show. For more watery days out, head to Beccles, half an hour away by car, to hire a boat for a day of pottering around the Norfolk Broads.
- Framlingham Castle (16.4 kilometres)
- Somerleyton Hall and Gardens (23.6 kilometres)
- Fritton Lake Country World (24.7 kilometres)
- Orford Ness National Nature Reserve (29.3 kilometres)
- Sutton Hoo (30.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Paradise Barn Camping and Caravanning have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Paradise Barn Camping and Caravanning dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Paradise Barn Camping and Caravanning? You don’t need to stray too far from Paradise Barn to find things to fill your days – as well as the trout lake next door there’s coarse fishing a mile away, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Paradise Barn Camping and Caravanning?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.