This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Secluded 45-acre woodland retreat with views over six local counties
- In the scenic Shropshire Hills, a 10-minute drive from Ludlow
- Luxury accommodation with upscale furnishings
Want a weekend away where you wake up to the birds in a luxury space amid 45 acres of tree-lined countryside? Of course you do. So whether you’re travelling with your other half or the whole family, nab yourself one of the secluded units at the aptly named Woodland Escapes for a fab hol in the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Get out and about in the surrounds during the day, all the while looking forward to settling back in at a spot in the grounds with views over six counties. Keep an eye out for wildlife while you laze – lots of woodland creatures call this nature-rich estate home.
And as for activities nearby? Seek out more animals in their natural habitat while walking and cycling along the trails in Mortimer Forest (20 minutes) or stretch your legs in the Clee Hills (15 minutes). If you’re wanting town as well as countryside times, Ludlow’s listed buildings, tasty bistros and cool coffee shops are around six miles away.
A word of warning about staying at this swish spot, though: the site and accommodation are so fab, you might be itching to ditch the explores and just head back to lounge on your fancy furnishings in the gorgeous scenery.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
- Coach stations
Crowngate Bus Station
— 31.6 kilometres
31.6 kilometres Raven Hotel — 32.3 kilometres
32.3 kilometres Lower Howsell Road — 32.6 kilometres
- Train stations
Ludlow Rail Station
— 8.3 kilometres
8.3 kilometres Leominster Rail Station — 18.1 kilometres
18.1 kilometres Craven Arms Rail Station — 18.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 71.6 kilometres
Birmingham International Airport Terminal 2
— 59.5 kilometres
Ludlow’s not just about pretty architecture and excellent eateries – head here for roams along the glorious River Teme, which wends its way through the town. The settlement is known for its food festivals, castle and golf course as well, and has a racecourse if you fancy a flutter.
Extend your day out with a stroll to Mortimer Forest (20 minutes’ drive), which is walkable from Ludlow, continuing an amble along one of the trails crisscrossing the area. Or drive to Wenlock Edge (25 minutes) and wind through woodland instead.
Has Ludlow whetted your whistle for more urban explores? Hereford (40 minutes) is worth a punt for the cider museum and Mappa Mundi centre, home to the famed 12th-century medieval map, while Shrewsbury (55 minutes) has an Old Market Hall and art gallery to check out, as well as paths along the River Severn.
If the tiddlers are most definitely not keen on walking, take them off to Worcestershire for the West Midland Safari Park (half an hour) to see Asian and African animals on a drive-through experience.
- Ludlow Castle (8.6 kilometres)
- Stokesay Castle (17.6 kilometres)
- Witley Court & Gardens (English Heritage) (19.1 kilometres)
- Croft Castle and Parkland (17.1 kilometres)
- Wilderhope Manor (19.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Woodland Escapes have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Woodland Escapes dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Woodland Escapes? Ludlow’s not just about pretty architecture and excellent eateries – head here for roams along the glorious River Teme, which wends its way through the town. The settlement is known for its … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Woodland Escapes?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.