This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful Lincolnshire countryside site close to the River Witham
- A 10-minute drive to Woodhall Spa; 20 minutes to Lincolnshire Wolds
- Great for wildlife and stargazing; pub and tearoom within a short walk
The Holmes is a peaceful site in the lovely Lincolnshire countryside, with pitches spread over a six acres of grass field with views over fields and woodland all around.
The town of Woodhall Spa is just under 10 minutes’ drive away, and a fab little place it is too, with a heated open-air pool, the characterful Kinema in the Woods and the Dambusters memorial (the epicentre of the forties-themed weekend that takes over the town with various events each summer).
The site itself is a particularly quiet place to spend some time – it’s a good mile from any sizeable road, so it’s a top spot for wildlife-spotting or evenings of stargazing. You won’t be totally cut off though, as you can walk to a pub, tearoom and ancient woodland and abbey location from here, or set off for strolls along the banks of the River Witham, which runs just a short way from the site (it’s got a riverside cycle path too, if you’re bringing bikes…)
It’s a simple and laidback setup at this site, so you’ll be able to bring barbecues along, but it’s worth noting that there are no toilets or showers available to guests. Dogs are welcome but you'll need to keep them under control as there are chickens around the site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Peaceful site lovely owner who supplied us with eggs. Will …
No fuss, simple quiet camping, flat fields, large skies.
Fantasic peaceful site with wonderful views and wildlife
Quiet, peaceful, well kept, will return
Peace and tranquility for self sufficient camping excellent host.
Nice simple campsite with no frills
From the manager...
So glad you enjoyed the campsite and your brief stay with us, as we explained the eco-loo was closed due to a robin nesting in it. The temporary one was just that. We hope to see you next year.
Plenty of space to pitch wherever we chose. Owner very friendly.
Freindlyness of owner, quit tranquility of site
Secluded, rural, basic, perfectly level large field.
An ideal site for stand alone units. Near to Woodhall spa.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
St Peter's Church
— 4.9 kilometres
4.9 kilometres St Peter's Church — 5.0 kilometres
5.0 kilometres Cromwell Place — 9.9 kilometres
- Train stations
Metheringham Rail Station
— 9.1 kilometres
9.1 kilometres Ruskington Rail Station — 16.8 kilometres
16.8 kilometres Lincoln Central Rail Station — 18.7 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal
— 63.0 kilometres
— 45.4 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- The Kinema in the Woods: 10 minutes’ drive
- Dambusters Memorial: 10 minutes
- Jubilee Park Swimming Pool: 10 minutes
- Woodhall Spa Golf Club: 10 minutes
- Rosewood Waters (fishing lake): 15 minutes
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre: 20 minutes
- Lincolnshire Wolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 20 minutes
- Woodside Wildlife Park: 25 minutes
- Bubblecar Museum: 25 minutes.
- Lincoln Medieval Bishops' Palace (18.7 kilometres)
- Lincoln Cathedral (18.7 kilometres)
- Lincoln Castle (18.9 kilometres)
- Tattershall Castle (10.0 kilometres)
- Gunby Hall Estate: Monksthorpe Chapel (28.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||noon –||8 p.m.|
The Holmes cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
The campground/park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to The Holmes on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Holmes have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Holmes dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Holmes? Attractions and activities nearby include: - The Kinema in the Woods: 10 minutes’ drive - Dambusters Memorial: 10 minutes - Jubilee Park Swimming Pool: 10 minutes - Woodhall Spa Golf Club: 10 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Holmes?
Camping and caravan Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon