This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Former Arizona cattle ranch in 165 square miles of wilderness
- A 25-minute drive to the Grand Canyon; half an hour to Colorado River
- Horse trekking, bar-restaurant with live music and shows
Polish your spurs and saddle up for an Arizona ranch stay with a grand attraction... They’re not exactly making a mystery out of it: Grand Canyon Western Ranch is a 25-minute drive from the western side of the famed hole in the ground – and they’ll even you take you through this No. 1 American landmark on a helicopter if you like.
Setting aside the main act for the moment, this park on the site of a former cattle ranch offers a lot of non-canyon-based benefits to its visitors. Live country music and Wild West shows accompany convivial nights in the bar and restaurant; if helicopters aren’t your thing you can take a wagon ride or go on horseback to explore the 165 square miles of Arizona wilderness all around, and to visit the buffalo herd being reintroduced to the region.
Unless you’ve seen it 20 times before, or you’ve got a really big problem with heights, you’ll probably want to include a visit to the Grand Canyon in your itinerary. The western edge is where you go for the famed (or feared) Skywalk, a glass-floored horseshoe bridge taking you out 70 feet over the sheer abyss. Eek.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
We spent a wonderful Christmas Eve at the ranch. Casey ...
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Horseback riding nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
For shops, bars, eats and supermarkets, the town of Meadview is 25 minutes’ drive away. It’s also a top spot to rent canoes and kayaks or book boat trips on the Colorado River, and it's the starting point for wilderness hikes of all lengths. Good ones to start with are the paths to South Cove (half an hour by car) and Waggon Trail Bay, which both finish on the river; local tipsters suggest booking a boat to pick you up for a pleasant and relaxing return journey.
Lake Mead, an hour and a half away in Nevada, is the focal point of a 1.5 million-acre recreation area, popular with fisherfolk, hikers and wildlife spotters. Take a boat to the mighty Hoover Dam, walk history on the former railroad trail, raft down Black Canyon and picnic among the martian-looking rocks and dunes of Redstone. And if all that sounds a bit much? Lounge around at Ladder Cove and take a swim.
For a dazzling contrast to all that nature, the shows, casinos, glitz and kitsch of Las Vegas are a little under two hours’ drive away (or less, if you want to arrive like a high-roller in the ranch helicopter). If you’re travelling onwards from the ranch, it’s just under six hours to Los Angeles and four to Phoenix.
- Does Grand Canyon Western Ranch have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Grand Canyon Western Ranch dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Grand Canyon Western Ranch? For shops, bars, eats and supermarkets, the town of Meadview is 25 minutes’ drive away. It’s also a top spot to rent canoes and kayaks or book boat trips on the Colorado ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Grand Canyon Western Ranch?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.