This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly campground in the Binghamton area and NY mountains
- Lakeside park with fishing and kayak, rowing boat and pedalo hire
- Peaceful setting, friendly owners and clean, modern facilities
Just look at those pics. Meander along to aptly named Lakeside Campground in New York's Broome County for days by and on the water, in a lush countryside setting among the mountains of New York State.
Run by Theresa and Jim – who are rightly proud of their scenic and well-maintained park, Lakeside is a spectacular spot for holidays for all ages, in a handsome rural location but within an easy drive of activities, attractions and urban sightseeing. It's half an hour's drive from Binghamton, the county seat of Broome County (and famed for its antique shops, museums and cider mill), 15 minutes from Windsor and just under three hours from New York city.
But you might not do much exploring off the grounds. For there's loads to do here and it's all laid on for you: guests can hire kayaks, rowing boats and pedal boats, swim in the lake's clear waters, or go fishing: the owners hold a New York State Fishing License so you can angle without having to pick one up. There's a well-stocked shop to keep you well stocked up too (groceries, RV kit, sweets and toys are all sold here), and a play area and games room can keep the kids entertained when they're not out and about on the water.
Amenities include bathrooms, showers, a laundry room and a parent and baby washroom; campfires are allowed in designated firepits.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Propane/gas cylinders available
Lake and/or mountain
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Touring and motorhomes
Horseback riding nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
As Theresa and Jim point out, there's always something to do around here... Their recommendations include trips to Binghamton to cheer on the Binghamton Mets, going to a concert of Binghamton Philharmonic at the Forum, or checking out what's showing at the Cider Mill Playhouse Theater. Binghamton's also home to six antique carousels, donated to the town by philanthropist George F. Johnson on the condition they'd always remain free (hurrah for him).
An excellent option for astronomy boffins is the Kopernik Observatory and Science Center (40 minutes' drive), the biggest public observatory in the north east United States. The Roberson Museum and Science Center (30 minutes) is home to the Binghamton Visitor Center, the Link Planetarium and several exhibits.
Here with small people – or quite young-minded yourself? Zip along to the Animal Adventure Park in Harpursville for close-up animal encounters, giraffe and camel feeding, gem mining and regular events.
- Does Lakeside Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Lakeside Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Lakeside Campground? As Theresa and Jim point out, there's always something to do around here... Their recommendations include trips to Binghamton to cheer on the Binghamton Mets, going to a concert of Binghamton Philharmonic ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Lakeside Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 1 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 1 p.m.