This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly site with direct access to a beach 50 metres away
- Owned and managed by a British-Spanish family
- Pool, bar-restaurant with terrace, play area and social activities
Christmas lunch at a Spanish campsite? Sí. It's just one of the many activities laid on at Camping Alegria del Mar in Castellon, possibly because the park (welcoming guests since 1986) is run by a British-Spanish family who clearly know the importance of festive lunch for Brits...
Other bubbly options at this friendly seaside park are dance classes, live music, flamenco shows, barbecue nights, pétanque tournaments and children's activities – but if you prefer to stay still and bask, the nearest beach is just 50m away and accessed directly from the site. A long stay then? Jolly good.
Food is sorted at the Camping Alegria del Mar bar-restaurant and terrace, which cooks up a decent range of international foods like paellas, tapas, sandwiches, pizzas and burgers.
Tourist board rating
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Very large (over 200 sites)
On the A7, take Exit 42 onto the N340. On the N340 (Tarragona-Valencia) exit at km-marker 1046 and continue towards the sea. The campsite is signposted after approximately 1km.
After your week on the beach, browse the beaut nearby town of Benicarlo about a kilometre and a half away and its historic quarter with highly impressive architecture: look out for the Baroque façade of the Church of Sant Bartolomeu.
The town of Peñiscola, surrounded by water on every side and one of the most popular tourist resorts in Castellón, is an easy 6km from Camping Alegria del Mar. It's known as 'the city in the sea' and one of Spain's most beautiful towns – and did you know it was a filming location for Game of Thrones? Go.
The Knights Templar Peñiscola Castle is the main sight to see at Peñiscola; afterwards, stretch out on the sands, walk the town's cobbled streets or visit the Peñiscola Sea Museum.
- Does Camping Alegria del Mar have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Alegria del Mar dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Alegria del Mar? After your week on the beach, browse the beaut nearby town of Benicarlo about a kilometre and a half away and its historic quarter with highly impressive architecture: look out for the ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Alegria del Mar?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: noon