This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-run campsite in a mountain setting
- Minutes from the San Juan Reservoir
- Bus service to Madrid 100 metres away
How jolly nifty to be able to hail a bus to splendid Madrid only a hundred metres from one's Spanish pitching place. This is the flavour of things at , a family-run site in a mountain setting in the Madrid commune of Pelayos de la Presa, and a minute or two's walk from the local bus stop where services run regularly to the Spanish capital.
is also only minutes from the San Juan Reservoir, the body of water along the Alberche river that's popular with Madridians for bathing and sailing, as well as 15 minutes' walk from its local village and 50 metres from the M-501.
The site has basic facilities including a laundry room, an amenities block with free hot showers and a play area. The bar-restaurant serves tasty local recipes, quick bites and takeaway. Free wifi is available on site for guests' use.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Lake and/or mountain
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
The area around is known for its extensive hiking and cycling trails, while San Juan Reservoir is the place to go for watersports, swimming and simple days relaxing on its shores.
Madrid is of course also a bit of a must: among its many many options (go for at least a couple of day trips) are the Royal Palace of Madrid, the Prado Museum (part of the Golden Triangle of Art), the many public squares and churches, the National Library of Spain, and taking a cable car trip over the vast parkland Casa de Campo, the biggest urban park in Spain.
Kayaking, archery, climbing and rock climbing are also popular pastimes in the area, horse riding is available nearby, and the zipwires, games and events of treetop adventure centre Amazonia Aventura should make for a topping day out.
- Does Camping La Enfermería have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping La Enfermería dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Enfermería? The area around is known for its extensive hiking and cycling trails, while San Juan Reservoir is the place to go for watersports, swimming and simple days relaxing on its shores. Madrid ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping La Enfermería?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon