This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Among spectacular scenery in the Picos de Europa mountains
- In the wildlife haven of the Valdeón Valley
- Restaurant with terrace
Views to make your jaw drop and your eyes water are all around splendidly scenic Camping El Cares in Leon, for it's in the town of Santa Marina de Valdeón high 1,200 metres high up in the Picos de Europa mountain range, surrounded by mountains with spectacular beech forests blazing out a different landscape for every season.
The site is in the wildlife-laden Valdeón Valley for days out nature spotting, and has several mountain hikes directly from it; ask the team to point you in the right upwards direction. And as you might figure from the site name, the El Cares gorge is not very far from here.
Camping El Cares has a small shop, and a restaurant with a daily menu, tapas and a terrace from which to continue admiring the views. Amenities include a toilet and shower block as well as a coin-operated laundry.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Propane/gas cylinders available
Lake and/or mountain
Convenience store nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
The smartest approach to take in surroundings as spectacular as these is to simply leave the site and see where your feet take you: local town Santa Marina de Valdeón is in the Valdeón Valley, surrounded by forest, woods, rivers and small rural villages, and in a region popular for outdoor activities from canoeing and kayaking in the river Cares to walking and hiking in the Picos De Europa National Park.
Ten kilometres from Camping El Cares is the Ruta del Cares, one of the most popular trekking trails of the region, and you'll also be within easy reach of the Naranjo de Bulnes route, the Collado Jermoso and the Vega Huerta trails. If you're taking the car out, steer up the steep winding 12-kilometre road to Lakes Ercina and Enol, stopping off at the viewpoints along the way.
The local cuisine must be investigated too: try stews (guisos), and its roasted meats (asados), in the villages of Cangas de Onís, also famous for its Roman bridge and a busy Sunday market; the blue cheese and cheese museum of Arenas de Cabrales, and Asiegu, a popular stop in the 'cheese and cider' trail.
- Does Camping El Cares have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping El Cares dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping El Cares? The smartest approach to take in surroundings as spectacular as these is to simply leave the site and see where your feet take you: local town Santa Marina de Valdeón is in ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping El Cares?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon