This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On the banks of the Cabril reservoir, with views over the water
- A 45-minute drive from medieval Coimbra, Portugal's former capital
- Pool, play area, communal lounge and bread deliveries
Fishing? Or kayaking... or lazing on a river beach, or pottering around Portuguese towns like Pedrógão Grande, niftily set pretty much in the middle of the country? Sort the lot with a reservoir stay at the Góis Valley site of Eventur Parque de Campismo Pedrógão Grande, in the Leiria district about 45 minutes' drive from Coimbra.
The reservoir here is Cabril, a 55-kilometre watery length surrounded by forested hills and off-trail hiking paths. Boats, canoes and kayaks are all available to rent at its watersports centre, to take out onto the water or along the adjoining Zêzere River, the second longest in Portugal. Or amble 10 minutes into town to pick up info on local walks at the tourist office, including ones heading up into the hills from Pedrógão Grande.
Parque de Campismo Pedrógão Grande has spacious pitches set among trees, on a roomy and green site with reservoir views. Barbecues are allowed for those who want to sort supplies at the supermarket or small food shops in town; if not, a restaurant is next door to the site and several more are in the town centre. A baker visits the site every morning with fresh bread.
Facilities include an outdoor pool and a play area, along with a communal lounge with TV for lazy indoor days.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Lake and/or mountain
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Cycle hire nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Large (51-200 sites)
Fish in the Cabril reservoir next to the site to start off your water-based adventures, or arrange canoeing, kayaking and sailing from Pedrógão Grande Nautical Club about a kilometre away. Beach basking is at the Ana de Aviz river beach within about 15 minutes' drive; you can hire rowing boats and sailing boats here too, then stick around for a bite to eat at the beach's restaurant.
A particularly peaceful day can be had among the five hectares of orchards and greenery at the Quinta das Mil Flores gardens, high up among the hills surrounding Pedrógão Grande. Take a tour then spread out on the grass with a picnic (available to buy on site), before sourcing many foodie supplies such as olive oil, jam, fruit, veg, chutneys and herbs from the garden shop.
Portugal's former capital Coimbra is about 45 minutes' drive north, for spectacular old sights such as its medieval Old Town and 12th-century cathedral of Sé Velha – or you could just find a gig of your choice among its busy live music scene...
- Does Parque de Campismo Pedrógão Grande have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Parque de Campismo Pedrógão Grande dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Parque de Campismo Pedrógão Grande? Fish in the Cabril reservoir next to the site to start off your water-based adventures, or arrange canoeing, kayaking and sailing from Pedrógão Grande Nautical Club about a kilometre away. Beach basking ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Parque de Campismo Pedrógão Grande?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: noon