This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Casual camping with peaceful outdoors
- Reception and bar with a covered terrace
- A short walk from a riverside beach
Parque de Campismo o Moinho is located in a beautiful area and the team there will give you a warm welcome. Their intention is to keep the campsite small-scale in order to guarantee enough time for their guests.
Outdoors and nature enthusiasts will love it here and the surroundings are excellent to go for a walk. Also bike trips are available, but the landscape is mountainous so you need at least a six-speed bike and to be in good shape. You can spend evenings at the on-site bar or on the terrace under the starry sky.
There are many other useful facilities at Parque de Campismo o Moinho such as a reception, four big barbecues that you can use for free, and the amenities building. This is new and extremely clean, it includes three ladies' showers, three men's showers, three outdoor showers, and single-sex toilets. There is also an ironing room, a washing machine and tumble dryer as well as a washing-up area with free hot water. There is separate toilet and washroom adapted for people with reduced mobility.
The baker coming every morning at 9am in July and August.
Close to the campsite (three minutes walk) you'll find Praia Fluvial, it's a natural pool hidden inside the mountain. The river is perfect during hot summer days but if you're not feeling like swimming you can always take a path close to the river or climb the mountain and see the high views.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed low season only
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Caravan storage facilities
Gray water hook-up for caravans
There are many opportunities for numerous activities in the local area such as walking areas, natural swimming spots with great landscapes.
In Castanheira de Pera (three kilometres from the campsite ) you'll find a large open air swimming pool/leisure complex with a wave machine fed by the warm waters of the Ribeira de Pera. Located in the centre of Castanheira de Pera town, there is ample free parking spaces and a great day out, well worth a visit. In Predrogao Grande (10km from the campsite) there's a reservoir, here you can swim, try some canoe and sailing. In Figueiro dos Finhos (10km from the campsite) there's a typical Portuguese market every Saturday.
Poço Corga Praia Fluvial is a natural fresh water river beach a few minutes drive from Castanheira de Pera town in the village Poço Corga. There you'll find spacious shaded areas to sit and open spots to laze around in the sun and there's also a restaurant/cafe bar within walking distance, Poço Corga is a great place for a day out.
You could also go visit Capela Santo António da Neve, a small chapel over 200 hundred years old sits at the top of Santo António da Neve in the mountain range of Lousã. Take the mountain road from Castanheira de Pera to Lousã and follow the signs to Capela e Poços. In 1954 the chapel was acquired by the council of Castanheira de Pera and in 1986 was classified a listed building.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Parque de Campismo O Moinho have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Parque de Campismo O Moinho dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Parque de Campismo O Moinho? There are many opportunities for numerous activities in the local area such as walking areas, natural swimming spots with great landscapes. In Castanheira de Pera (three kilometres from the campsite ) you'll … Read more