This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Well-maintained family holiday park at Ruby Bay on South Island
- Five minutes’ drive to Mapua; Abel Tasman National Park 20 minutes
- Shared kitchens, barbecues and pizza oven, swimming pool and TV room
Well-maintained, peaceful, welcoming to canines and with loads of family-friendly amenities. And 10 minutes’ drive to the Abel Tasman National Park. It’s fair to say that Ruby Bay’s Tasman Motor Camp has got an awful lot going for it.
So what’s available on the campground? A swimming pool that’s heated during the months of November to April for starters, plus a playroom for children that’s all decked out with a pool table, table tennis and table soccer, plus a TV area if you want to put your feet up and have a laze.
In the way of catering, there’s a pair of well-kitted out communal kitchens with everything provided (no need to bring your own plates or cutlery) as well as an indoor dining area for any rainy weather. And that’s not all; there’s also an outdoor pizza oven and shared barbecue areas where you can meet up with fellow guests.
Keeping everyone and everything pristine is taken care of too, with spotlessly clean ablution blocks with modern facilities, as well as parent-and-baby washrooms and a launderette.
Should you need another reason to stay at Tasman Motor Camp, Kina Beach is five minutes’ walk away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Extra toilet/shower facilities available
Hand sanitizing stations
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
It’s all about being outdoors at Tasman Motor Camp, so organise a fun-filled day on quad bikes or horseback through the bush at Cable Bay Adventure Park (45 minutes’ drive), with spectacular oceanside scenery at every turn. The two golf clubs within 20 minutes’ drive also have scenic backdrops, and you can take cruises out into gorgeous Tasman Bay departing Rabbit Island (10 minutes) and Mapua (five minutes).
Get busy kayaking in the coves or just enjoying a leisurely day’s sunbathing on one of the sandy beaches in Abel Tasman National Park (20 minutes). It’s also hiking central, with several trails for various abilities leading around the coastline or up into the hills.
Cyclists have plenty of choice too, from rough trails like the Heaphy Track through dense forest in Kahurangi National Park (half an hour) to the Great Taste Trail leading from Nelson (50 minutes) around the coast and stopping off at restaurants, cellar doors and delis along the way to sample local produce.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Tasman Motor Camp have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Tasman Motor Camp dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Tasman Motor Camp? It’s all about being outdoors at Tasman Motor Camp, so organise a fun-filled day on quad bikes or horseback through the bush at Cable Bay Adventure Park (45 minutes’ drive), with spectacular … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Tasman Motor Camp?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.