This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family-friendly site in scenic Limburg countryside
- Zoos, theme parks, castles and Maastricht within 45 minutes
- Swimming pool, private lake, sandy beach and sports fields on site
Hiking, biking and lakeside lounging… sounds fab, right? Pack your swimming cossie, pile the kids and the pooch into the car and gun those engines for Vakantiepark Heelderpeel, five minutes’ drive from the town of Heel in the southern Netherlands region of Limburg, because you won’t want to miss out on a second.
Getting out in nature is a cinch round here: there are three national parks to explore within an hour, and three more within 40 minutes over the borders of Belgium and Germany. You don’t even have to go that far though – this is the Netherlands, so you can expect plenty of flat and easy biking and hiking routes nearby that the whole family can try.
You won’t be short of things to do on site either: there’s a swimming pool to splash around in, spacious fields and courts for football, badminton and volleyball, and playgrounds dotted throughout the site, plus an on-site lake you can swim in and a long sandy beach for games and picnics.
If that picnic hasn’t filled you up, wander over to the on-site bar-restaurant for eats or a takeaway, or stock up on supplies in town for a barbecue night. Need a change of scenery? Try some local munch at one of the restaurants within 15 minutes of base.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
The whole place
Distance markers in shared facilities
Meal delivery to unit/site/outdoor seated area
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Swimming pool entry quota
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
If you're here for the castles, you're in luck: within 40 minutes’ drive you can poke around the stunning Geldrop, Aerwinkel, Montfort and Hoensbroek old piles, or clamber through the ruins at Valkenburg where you should dive below the surface for the murals and sculptures of the Velvet Cave.
There’s plenty round these parts to keep kids busily entertained too: within roughly half an hour, you’ll reach the coasters and fairground rides of Toverland theme park, or (and?) can try De Valkenier if you’ve got a younger crowd in tow.
You could also get up close and personal with more than a thousand creatures from around the world at GaiaZoo, wandering among penguins, tigers and kangaroos at Zooparc Overloon or getting really hands on at the kid-focused Dierenrijk Europa, all within 45 minutes of the site.
Combine animals and thrills (and add in some calming greenery) at Mondo Verde, a theme park and animal park with fab gardens to wander around 45 minutes from base, or stick to the sedate side of things with a trip to Arcen Castle Gardens, 40 minutes away.
Finally, burn a hole in your pocket with a shopping trip at the designer outlet in nearby Roermond, then, when your appetite for spending has been whetted, carry on to Maastricht (35 minutes) for underground tours, museums, breweries and old streets and buildings to explore.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Vakantiepark Heelderpeel have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Vakantiepark Heelderpeel dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Vakantiepark Heelderpeel? If you're here for the castles, you're in luck: within 40 minutes’ drive you can poke around the stunning Geldrop, Aerwinkel, Montfort and Hoensbroek old piles, or clamber through the ruins at … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Vakantiepark Heelderpeel?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.