This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Attractive and action-packed site on the outskirts of Groningen
- A 15-minute drive from the centre; three kilometres from Harkstede
- Lakeside site with watersports, a climbing park and a beach
Peaceful green surroundings and a good stack of outdoor activities – but only a 15-minute drive from the city centre? That’s the fine mix on offer at Camping Break Out Groningen, a lakeside site three kilometres from Harkstede and with easy access to the centre of Groningen.
This attractive site is spread over spacious grounds, with access to the lake for site-organised watersports activities, lounging on the beach or simply strolling by the water's edge and taking in the views. Away from the lake, the site's woodland areas have plenty of space for kids to play between the trees, build dens and make their own games. Other leisure options include tennis courts, an escape room, and – for guests who are feeling particularly brave – a climbing park with trails way up off the ground.
All of this site's spacious pitches are within a short walk of the lake and its beach so it’s easy to get to the water whenever you fancy it. Barbecues and firepits are permitted if you like the idea of alfresco cooking; if you’re not up for that, there are chef-cooked meals at the on-site restaurant too.
Getting out to Groningen is straightforward when you’re ready for urban exploring – it’ll take about half an hour by bus or bike if you’re not driving. Meanwhile, Harkstede’s got supermarkets, restaurants and other local amenities if you don’t fancy going to the city centre.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Obsługa Lokalizacja Toalety Otoczenie Parcele dla namiotów Atrakcje
Heerlijk relaxt met veel plezier
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitizing stations
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Where else would you start but in Groningen – a buzzing student city with lots of culture and nightlife to explore? While you’re there, climb up to the top of Martinitoren, peruse the eclectic art displays at Groninger Museum and stroll through the English-style Noorderplantsoen park and gorgeous Prinsentuin garden (or head to Monkey Town indoor play centre if you’ve got restless kids…)
After that urban time, head back to the countryside for walks and bike rides in the open spaces of De Alde Feanen National Park (35 minutes) or the coastal terrain of Lauwersmeer National Park (50 minutes). There’s much wildlife to spot as you go, but if you want guaranteed animal antics, you’ll need to aim for Muzeeaquarium Delfzijl sealife centre (25 minutes) or Pieterburen seal centre (half an hour).
For a full-on family day out, take yourselves off to Drouwenerzand Attractiepark (35 minutes), which is packed with rides for all ages, from the tiddlers to the teens and upwards.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Break Out Groningen have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Break Out Groningen dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Break Out Groningen? Where else would you start but in Groningen – a buzzing student city with lots of culture and nightlife to explore? While you’re there, climb up to the top of Martinitoren, peruse … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Break Out Groningen?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon