This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet and peaceful campsite ideal for young families
- Plenty of facilities to enjoy
- Sandpit, swings, slide, sports court and pétanque court
Get ready for leafy walks, hikes and bike rides: the North Netherlands site Camping Rotandorp is in a part of Friesland known for its forests and is close to the Drents-Friese Wold National Park, one of the biggest in the country. (Additionally prep for a dip or two, as the site is about a mile from recreational lake the Spoekeplas which has a swimming pool just outside.)
This is a particularly peaceful area in spring, but if you're around in school holidays all the Camping Rotandorp facilities are up and running, such as its many activities and the sale of freshly baked bread and newspapers each morn at the cafeteria.
Other amenities include a modern loo and shower block with baby changing facilities, a pétanque court and a sports court, and a play area with a sandpit, swings and a slide. Several shops and a couple of restaurants are in the neighbouring village of Noordwolde.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Nice quiet location and a reasonable price
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Caravan storage facilities
Motorhome service point
One of the Netherlands's biggest nature reserves, the Drents-Friese Wold National Park, borders both Friesland and Drenthe and covers wide areas of forest, sand, heath and grassland. Potter to the park for its many bike trails, walking and for wildlife spotting among the lizards, newts and pine martens. Visitor centres are in Appelscha and Diever.
Noordwolde village is worth a wander for its restored windmill the Windluat (one can't visit the Netherlands without snapping a pic of a windmill) and the National Museum of Weaving. Trainspotters should also be thrilled with the town's model train shop, the biggest in Europe.
Also have a day among the waters and 180 bridges of the nearby village of Giethoorn, another place in Europe with the moniker 'Little Venice' and it's fully accessible only by boat.
Spoekeplas lake is about a mile away from Camping Rotandorp and has a beach sheltered by the forest, a playground, picnic areas, and a kiosk selling drinks and snacks.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Rotandorp have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Rotandorp dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Rotandorp? One of the Netherlands's biggest nature reserves, the Drents-Friese Wold National Park, borders both Friesland and Drenthe and covers wide areas of forest, sand, heath and grassland. Potter to the park for … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Rotandorp?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.