This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site in the Drents-Friese Wold National Park
- A 40-minute drive from Drouwenerzand theme park
- Swimming pool, playgrounds, sports field and summer activities
You’re never too far from something to keep the kids amused at Camping De Blauwe Lantaarn – scattering play areas around the place was part of the owners’ plan to make the place mighty family-friendly.
The folk here have gone to great lengths to ensure that their Drenthe site, a kilometre from Wateren, provides plenty of activity for all guests – leisure facilities include a sports field, a volleyball court, a giant jumping pillow, a swimming pool, kids’ pool and a sizeable indoor soft play area to save the small sorts in the event of rain.
Along with all of this, they’ve also set up a busy schedule of activities and entertainment that runs throughout the summer, conjuring up such things as tractor rides and crafts for the tiddlers, spooky ghost tours and pool tournaments for the teens and bingo or cosy café evenings for the grownups.
Other facilities on site include a restaurant, launderette and wifi that stretches across the whole park. There are also bikes to rent for days of pedalling around the surrounds of the Drents-Friese Wold National Park.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Water hook-up points for caravans
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Duinen Zathe amusement park: 10 minutes’ drive
- Klimbos adventure park: 10 minutes
- Hot air balloon centre: 15 minutes
- Taman Indonesia Zoo: 20 minutes
- Planetron planetarium: 20 minutes
- Kamp Westerbork (concentration camp memorial and museum): half an hour
- Drouwenerzand theme park: 40 minutes.
- Does Camping De Blauwe Lantaarn have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping De Blauwe Lantaarn dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping De Blauwe Lantaarn? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Duinen Zathe amusement park: 10 minutes’ drive - Klimbos adventure park: 10 minutes - Hot air balloon centre: 15 minutes - Taman Indonesia Zoo: 20 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping De Blauwe Lantaarn?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 2 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10:30 a.m.