This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family site in a forest three kilometres from Vorden
- Close to a network of flat walking and cycling paths
- Restaurant overlooking playground and paddling pool area
If your fave colour is green, you’re in luck at Recreatiepark de Reehorst – there are fields on the right, a forest on the left, and mature gardens all round the site.
Three kilometres from the town of Vorden, this park is a haven for families with small kids too, with a clutch of family-friendly attractions within an hour’s drive as well as hiking trails aplenty in the forest and its surrounds. On site, the big playground and the roomy paddling pool with slide will keep the kids busy, while the grownups settle back for coffee and cake at the restaurant terrace alongside.
The restaurant is open all day, five days a week, for hassle-free snacks and meals; if you need to pick up food or fancy eating out, supermarkets, bakeries, cafés and restaurants are all in Vorden. Make like the locals and take your bike for the 10-minute journey, or drive it in five minutes if you're feeling a bit too full of coffee and cake.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
This region of the Netherlands, known as the Achterhoek, is popular for those who like a bit of gentle exercise: there’s an extensive network of fairly flat walking and cycle paths around here to suit everyone from casual walkers to experienced cyclists. You can head straight into the forest from the site or ask the staff to recommend other routes.
Among the possible destinations for your wanderings are Vorden Castle (three kilometres), Hackfort windmill (six kilometres), Wiersse Gardens (also six kilometres) and Um d'n Olden Smith vineyard (13 kilometres). If you’d like to stretch your arms rather than your legs, hire canoes from Zutphen, 12 kilometres away, and go out for a paddle on the peaceful Berkel river.
Family days out within an hour include hanging out with the monkeys at Apenheul primate park or spending the day at the Royal Burgers Zoo, one of the biggest and oldest animal parks in the country. Hellendoorn theme park has a waterpark and a range of rides for all ages, and there's further fun to be had at the Julianatoren amusement park, where plenty of the rides and attractions are suitable for younger kids.
- Does Recreatiepark De Reehorst have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Recreatiepark De Reehorst dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Recreatiepark De Reehorst? This region of the Netherlands, known as the Achterhoek, is popular for those who like a bit of gentle exercise: there’s an extensive network of fairly flat walking and cycle paths around ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Recreatiepark De Reehorst?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.