This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family-friendly farm site in the Namibian wilderness
- Direct access to rugged hiking trails and 4x4 sundowner trips
- Bar, restaurant, pool, fishing lake and petting zoo on site
Do stunning African sunsets, off-road escapades in the wilderness and plenty of animals to spot nearby add up to your dream hols? Weaver’s Rock Guest Farm, a family-friendly site half an hour’s drive from the city of Otjiwarongo in the northern Namibian region of Otjozondjupa, is the thread that ties the three together.
Spending your hols exploring the bush is a cinch round here: you can follow waymarked trails through the area (peep those photos for views), mooch along to the crystal-clear lake five minutes’ walk away to swim or cast a line (it's catch and release here), or sign up for a sundowner tour, keeping an eye out for animals and sipping on a drink as the sun goes down.
Little legs struggling to keep up on your adventures? Stick around the site to let the kids go for rides on a friendly pair of ponies, try to spot all the tame and semi-tame animals hanging around, or spend an hour or two (or three…) lounging by the pool.
Spend your evening tucking in to some munch at the on-site restaurant (be sure to book in advance), or take care of yourself by taking over the self-catering kitchen in the stables that were built way back in 1904, then wash dinner down with an ice-cold drink (or hot punch in the colder months) at the bar.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Loved our stay here. A green shady oasis after dusty trip!
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
There’s plenty nearby for those who want to get a closer look at the Namibian wildlife. Start in Otjiwarango with a few hours at the Crocodile Farm, then add in stops at the Cheetah Conservation Fund facility, REST (the Rare and Endangered Species Trust) in nearby Outjoa, and Okonjima Nature Reserve’s AfriCat, for tours and hands-on experiences.
See the animals on their own turf with a trip to Waterberg Plateau National Park, an hour’s drive from home base – it’s been used as a conservation spot due to large swathes of it being inaccessible, so expect to see rhinos, giraffes, wildebeest, cape vultures and black eagles on a good day. Get out and about with self-guided trails around the base of the plateau, or clamber to the top of the plateau with a warden or park ranger for a wilder adventure.
If you need an urban day, head to Otjiwarongo for shopping, township tours and a pitstop at the train station to see the 1912 German Locomotive No 41 (once used to haul ore from nearby mines), or make the worthy trek to Namibian capital Windhoek two hours and 15 minutes away for museums, markets, vineyards and some fab gardens.
- Does Weaver's Rock Guest Farm have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Weaver's Rock Guest Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Weaver's Rock Guest Farm? There’s plenty nearby for those who want to get a closer look at the Namibian wildlife. Start in Otjiwarango with a few hours at the Crocodile Farm, then add in stops at … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Weaver's Rock Guest Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.