This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Well-kept waterside site in Smiltynė on the Curonian Spit
- A 20-minute walk to the beach and 45-minute drive from Nida
- Secure site by the marina with waterside restaurant terrace
Set sail for this waterside spot in Smiltynė, a small village at the tail end of the Curonian Spit. Smiltynės Jachtklubas is a well-presented site which, being perched between a lagoon and the Baltic, has access to some pretty special seaside scenery. Klaipėda, a larger city, is a short hop across the water – one plus of this coastal spot is being able to watch ships from all over Europe pulling in and out of port.
Being on the long, thin sliver of land that is the Curonian Spit (designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its extreme loveliness) means that seaside activities are never very far away here: the site looks out over the marina, which has plenty of berths for those bringing boats along, and you can sign up for lengthier yacht voyages from the harbour over in Klaipėda.
It’s about a 20-minute walk to the gorgeous sandy strip that runs down the other side of the spit, and just under 50 kilometres to the fab fishing village of Nida (with a bike track running the whole way for peaceful pedalling). If such an epic outing seems a tad enthusiastic, you can drive down there too, or stick closer to home to explore the walking paths running close by. There are football, volleyball and fitness areas over by the beach if you fancy a bit of a workout.
Facilities on site include a restaurant (with water views, of course), a laundry area and bathrooms with showers and toilets. To keep things safe and secure there’s 24-hour CCTV and a security guard on site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Trot down to Smiltynė beach (20 minutes’ walk) for spells on the white sand and swims in crystal-clear Baltic waters. Despite being fairly close to Klaipėda, this spot is generally mightily peaceful, with crowds being rare. A little inland from the beach is the Lithuanian Sea Museum (five minutes' drive), an aquarium home to local Baltic critters as well as fish from more tropical climes.
There's also much to do inland – drive 20 minutes down the road to rent beefy fat-tyre bikes at Raganu Kalnas ('the Hill of Witches' in the Lithuanian, in case you weren't aware). Birdwatching, meanwhile, is up for grabs at similarly close Juodkrantė (20 minutes).
Klaipėda Sculpture Park (50 minutes) is a top option for the artistically inclined. There's much to check out around the city's old town; if you don't need your car, walk ten minutes up to the passenger ferry to be dropped off in the city centre.
- Does Smiltynės Jachtklubas have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Smiltynės Jachtklubas dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Smiltynės Jachtklubas? Trot down to Smiltynė beach (20 minutes’ walk) for spells on the white sand and swims in crystal-clear Baltic waters. Despite being fairly close to Klaipėda, this spot is generally mightily peaceful, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Smiltynės Jachtklubas?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime