This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious and well-equipped site on Germany's largest island
- A 200-metre stroll from the beach, 1.5 kilometres from Breege
- Kitesurfing centre and boat, bike, e-bike and scooter hire
What a smashing Deutschland destination. Freizeitcamp Am Wasser is on Germany's biggest island of Rügen, in the seaside resort of Breege between the Breeger Bodden and the Baltic Sea – and a couple of hundred metres from Juliusruh beach on Germany's northern tip.
Settle down for sandy days while here, moving no further than your beach towel, or use the site as a handy base for exploring around Juliusruh, the lagoons and bays of Rügen, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Jasmund National Park – famed (it's Germany, after all) for its ancient forests. Breege a kilometre or so away is the starting point for fishing trips around the Wittow peninsula's lagoons and lakes, or for boat trips to the island of Hiddensee, the biggest island in the Western Pomerania Lagoon Area National Park.
Freizeitcamp Am Wasser is a peaceful and well-maintained site, with shaded and sunny areas and paved roads to the accommodation areas. There's loads of room to ramble about, and an excellent range of facilities including boat, bike, e-bike and scooter hire – and a kitesurfing centre right on the grounds. There's also a play area, a TV room and a restaurant serving Turkish bistro, Baltic snacks, ice cream and crepes.
The shop has food and camping supplies; barbecues are allowed.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Propane/gas cylinders available
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Very large (over 200 sites)
As you'd expect, these are smashing surrounds for hikes and bike rides as well as boating and watersports.
Wheels for all ages and abilities are available with the site's bike and e-bike hire, to take touts around the local fishing villages of Vitt and Cape Arkona nine and 10 kilometres away, or to other local spots such as Altenkirchen (five kilometres), Wiek (eight kilometres) or Glowe, eight and a half kilometres away.
Watersporters can take a kitesurfing course at the school on site, or dive into motorboating or sailing classes at Breeger's harbour. If you're setting out under your own steam, hire a pedalo for lazy drifts around the harbour.
The team's recommended day trips include the Königsstuhl National Park Centre (the information point for Jasmund National Park); the treetop path and Prora DBU natural heritage site of Naturerbe Zentrum Rügen, both within 30 minutes, and the rides, rollercoasters and petting zoo of Rügenpark within 45. Info on these and other Rügen attractions is available in the Freizeitcamp Am Wasser reception.
- Does Freizeitcamp Am Wasser have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Freizeitcamp Am Wasser dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Freizeitcamp Am Wasser? As you'd expect, these are smashing surrounds for hikes and bike rides as well as boating and watersports. Wheels for all ages and abilities are available with the site's bike and e-bike ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Freizeitcamp Am Wasser?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.