This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Laidback site for younger travellers on the outskirts of Munich
- A 25-min drive to the city centre; 20-min walk to Nymphenburg Palace
- Beer garden, piano bar, shared kitchen, cafeteria and bike hire
Open since 1972, this nonprofit site on the outskirts of Munich has put all its years of existence to fab use by packing in some stellar facilities: think a piano bar, Bavarian beer garden and cafeteria serving up healthy eats. It also puts on free city tours once a week, has lockers to help keep your stuff safe, and is only a 25-minute drive from Munich’s centre for urban days around this fine fine city.
For eats before you head off on explores, brekkie's served in the mornings at The Tent Munich, as are snacks throughout the day and meals in the evening if you're hanging around on site. A kitchen’s to hand too for getting some grub on the go.
If a little activity's needed after gorging, sporty types can make the most of the football, volleyball, table tennis and basketball facilities, as well as the more sedate foosball, darts and board games provided. Bikes are for hire too if you want to whizz into the centre Munich (a half-hour cycle ride); as the site’s vehicle-free, this is a grand way to get around (street parking is just outside if you do have the car).
Public transport links near to The Tent Munich run 24 hours a day, so you can feel free to hang out in the city knowing home’s not too far whether it’s 3pm or 3am. Or you can just sit back and chill on site around the campfire while listening to the strum of a guitar borrowed from the extensive selection of musical instruments...
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Munich’s known for its lakes, so if guests are game for a swim they can wallow in the water at Feldmochinger See (the biggest body of water inside the city limits) a 15-minute drive from the site. Forays further afield can be had to Lake Starnberg (50 minutes) for dips with views of the Alps and Tegernsee (an hour away) to fish and sail.
If the city centre’s calling, Munich has much to keep travellers busy – from Baroque-style churches and royal castles to more than 70 museums. Nymphenburg Palace is a 20-minute walk from the site for a gander at both fancy gardens and swish architecture.
To check out a bit of Munich’s modern culture you can turn up at one of the local beer gardens for a couple of German-brewed beverages or wander off to seek out the E2 Kleine Eisbachwelle river wave, where wetsuit-clad surfers line up to carve up and down a permanent break.
- Does The Tent Munich have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Tent Munich dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Tent Munich? Munich’s known for its lakes, so if guests are game for a swim they can wallow in the water at Feldmochinger See (the biggest body of water inside the city limits) a … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Tent Munich?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime