This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Site set on the banks of a swimming lake with meadow surroundings
- A 20-minute drive from Rothenburg ob der Tauber and 30 to Ansbach
- Pub, play barn, lakeside restaurant, adventure golf and petting zoo
Breathe in the fresh Bavarian air from a scenic vantage point at Mohrenhof Franken… this site sits right on a lake in the middle of a big meadow in the Ansbach countryside. But it’s still close enough to a handful of the region’s well-preserved medieval towns like popular Rothenburg ob der Tauber (20 minutes’ drive away) if you want some history on your hol too.
Up for spending most of your time sticking around on site? No problem: the lake should keep you busy with its large sunbathing lawns, beach volleyball and bankside restaurant. Kids can paddle in the shallow water on hot days or head over to the petting zoo for cuddles with the cows, cats and rabbits when it’s cooler out. A chicken coop is here for collecting eggs for breakfast, and when it’s the right season you can feed the calves.
If the sun’s not shining a play barn’s on hand for indoor activities; kids can do arts and crafts and help bake bread or get back outside and ride the ponies after having a go at archery (there’s even a simulated version of the sport on an indoor screen at this site). Into golf? Putting can be practised at the nine-hole adventure course.
Celebrate winning a round with a draft beer at the bar’s beer garden then stay out in the open air as the night draws in while seeking warmth from one of the campfires regularly set alight at this park…
If you’re wanting eats in between and feel like cooking for yourself, supermarkets are over in Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Roam around the cobbled streets and artisan shops of the walled town of Rothenburg (20 minutes’ drive away), perhaps on an official walking tour from the tourist office, making sure to take in the stained glass windows and 500-year-old wood-carved altarpiece at St James’ Lutheran church.
Top it all off with a bike ride along the Tauber river then make Ansbach (half an hour) your next destination… This city has a castle and court garden to gaze at as well as a Rococo-style orangery that comes to life during a summertime festival dedicated to this artistic period.
If you’re not here during this event, mosey over to Bad Windsheim instead (also 30 minutes away) for an open-air ethnographic museum that will still get you experiencing bygone times. The Baroque Schillingsfürst Castle is another place for a hit of history (15 minutes from the site), as are the cloisters in Feuchtwangen (half an hour).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Mohrenhof Franken have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Mohrenhof Franken dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Mohrenhof Franken? Roam around the cobbled streets and artisan shops of the walled town of Rothenburg (20 minutes’ drive away), perhaps on an official walking tour from the tourist office, making sure to take … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Mohrenhof Franken?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.