This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Secluded luxury site with Alpine views in Haute-Savoie
- A 15-minute drive from La Clusaz chairlifts, half an hour from Annecy
- Walking trails from site; hot tub, home-cooked breakfast and dinner
How do you fancy tucking yourself away between the mountains and the trees? Staying in comfort on a secluded spot in Haute-Savoie, with views of the Alps and a soundtrack of cow bells? If that rings your bell then bag a berth at Les Ecotagnes, a small, carefully-created site that’s about a five-minute drive from the French village of Les-Villards-sur-Thônes and half an hour from Lake Annecy.
You’ll be busy up here in the mountains, so at Les Ecotagnes it’s all about maximum comfort: soft beds and cosy interiors, privacy among the trees and prize-winning views of the Aravis mountain range all round. Take them in as you breakfast and dine on fresh, home-made local produce on a sunny terrace 4200 feet above sea level, or steam the day away in the hot tub...
Shared and individual bathrooms are as sparkling clean as the glacial lakes above, but with the added bonus of pumping hot showers.
As well as picking you and your luggage up from the roadside parking in their 4x4, the friendly proprietors at Les Ecotagnes are happy to advise you on things to do and places to visit during your stay.
For necessities, drinks, alternative eats and picnic gathering, take a five minute car trip to Les-Villards-sur-Thônes.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Public transportation nearby
Lake and/or mountain
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Walking trails into the foothills and up to the mountain peaks start right from the site, just ask the Les Ecotagnes team for tips. For an easy ride to the tops, take the gondola from La Clusaz (15 minutes) up to the Beauregard Massif; take it back again if you like, or explore the mountains on foot, dip your toes in the glacial waters of Lac des Confins or bike your way down.
You can hire wheels in La Clusaz and take them up with you to try the two-mile descent trail, one of 21 marked biking paths in the area served by three year-round gondolas. A lively ski resort in winter, La Clusaz has a fine spread of bars and restaurants and a swimming pool for those who find those glacial lakes a little too glacial...
For days out closer to sea level, it’s a half hour trip to Annecy and its lake. Smaller than nearby Lac Leman and Lac Bourget, it crams a lot in, with two nature reserves, a 12th-century island prison (now home to a museum) and an impressive castle. Take a leisurely boat cruise round the lake, taking in the wildlife and the ancient villages, or windsurf and kayak across the waters.
- Does Les Écotagnes have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Les Écotagnes dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Les Écotagnes? Walking trails into the foothills and up to the mountain peaks start right from the site, just ask the Les Ecotagnes team for tips. For an easy ride to the tops, take ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Les Écotagnes?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 6 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Depart by: noon