This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Between Mont Ventoux, the Ardèche gorges and the Provencal Drome
- Near the Rhone valley and its wine routes
- Pool, paddling pool, solarium and playground
Simioune says: let's all aller asap to the excellent Ardèche. For this is a land of gorges slashed into valleys, of the Rhone valley and wine routes, of history and old landmarks, and of teeny towns and old villages with traditional French markets…
And within it all is Camping La Simioune, set on a five-hectare wooded estate in the triangle of Mont Ventoux, the gorges of the Ardèche and the Provencal Drome. It's a handy base for the nearby hiking, cycling, mountain biking, swimming and pony riding – or you could just stay restfully on site to settle down with a book and a vino under the pine and oak trees?
Facilities include a pool and a paddling pool (surrounded by a solarium: how splendid), a playground and a TV room. Regular entertainment including pétanque competitions, wine tasting and music nights are organised by the team in July and August.
Camping La Simioune also has a laundry room and a modern amenities block with free hot showers and access for disabled guests.
Tourist board rating
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
How well set is this site… Camping La Simioune is a topping spot for getting to the Vaucluse and Provence regions, as well as the Ardèche gorges, Mont Ventoux, the Provencal Drome and all manner of local sights around Ardèche towns and villages.
Several local markets are easily accessible from the campsite to pick up the likes of olives, charcuterie, local cheese and excellent wine: bring your camera/phone along to snap some colourful shots.
The Provence is another popular spot in the area and has enough to do for a hol or three of its own, among its famed lavender fields, its historical sites and the cathedrals and medieval alleys of its main city Avignon.
Stuck on what to see or do first? Ask the friendly Camping La Simioune team members for their top suggestions.
- Does Camping La Simioune have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping La Simioune dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Simioune? How well set is this site… Camping La Simioune is a topping spot for getting to the Vaucluse and Provence regions, as well as the Ardèche gorges, Mont Ventoux, the Provencal Drome ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping La Simioune?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: noon – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.