This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Traditional farmstead site with orchard and open field pitches
- Two leisure lakes and Futuroscope theme park an hour or less by car
- Nightly campfires, regular table d'hôte meals and wine sale on site
When it comes to pitching up, Le Petit Mas d'Île's got the right idea: wide open space, nightly campfires, regular home-cooked meals and plenty of vin rouge does many a happy memory make.
Two kilometres from the riverside village of Saint-Germain-de-Confolens on an 18th-century farmstead, Le Petit Mas d'Île's emphasis is firmly on peace, quiet and quality family time. During the day, the solar-heated outdoor pool and its sun terrace and covered relaxation area provides plenty of space for family pool games and the chance to cool off every once in a while, and for your peace of mind it's all surrounded by childproof gates. When dusk sets in, expect big communal campfires nightly while the beer, vin rouge and campfire stories flow.
The accommodation area is set across one hectare and is divided into two pretty parts: the old fruit yard and the big field. The fruit yard has plenty of shade from mature fruit trees, while in the big field – where there's lots of space to play and/or loll around in – some pitches are shaded in the afternoon and others get full sun throughout the day.
Give your gas cooker a night off and join one of Le Petit Mas d'Île's three-course table d'hôte meals: throughout high season the site's owners cook locally-sourced produce three times a week, and off season they're happy to cook your meals upon request. For your breakfasts during peak season, croissants, baguettes, pain au chocolat and other tasty French fancies are all delivered right to the site by the local village baker.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Nearby farmers' market
Propane/gas cylinders available
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Heaps of walks and cycling trails are in the surrounding countryside, including a path along the Vienne river into Saint-Germain-de-Confolens and the ruins of its medieval castle: just ask your hosts for their recommendations for other routes that lie nearby.
The Vienne river flows very close to the site and is a handy spot for a swim. Within 30 minutes' drive are a couple of lifeguarded lakes with good lakeside beaches, to take the kids swimming, canoeing, fishing and boating to for a change of yet more spectacular scenery. While they're playing in supervised safety, you can luxuriate on the sand or around one of the grassy areas, hang out with a cold beer at the bar/restaurant, or take yourself for a swim.
For culture-filled days out there are plenty of traditional villages, grand castles and farmers' markets around the local area, and Futuroscope theme park is just over an hour's drive away.
- Does Le Petit Mas d'Île have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Le Petit Mas d'Île dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Le Petit Mas d'Île? Heaps of walks and cycling trails are in the surrounding countryside, including a path along the Vienne river into Saint-Germain-de-Confolens and the ruins of its medieval castle: just ask your hosts for ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Le Petit Mas d'Île?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.