This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Within walking distance of a beach
- Near the islands of Noirmoutier and Yeu
- Pools, Jacuzzi, paddling pool and solariums
One could quite happily detain oneself for quite some time at Camping Les Aventuriers de la Calypso for its location alone: it's in sunny Vendée, is 700 metres from the beach, and has easy access to the excellently scenic islands of Noirmoutier and Yeu. (Never been to either isle? Make it your mission to get hither on this hol.)
What's around on site will also keep you out of mischief for a bit: a big outdoor pool with waterslides for alfresco frolics, along with a solarium, Jacuzzi, an indoor pool open all season, and a paddling pool surrounded by another solarium. Kids have plenty to be going on with at the playground, bouncy castle and the kids' club running throughout July and August.
Other leisure facilities include a tennis court, a sports ground and a pétanque court. And finally and also excellently, Aventuriers de la Calypso welcomes les canines too.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Public transportation nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
From Niort follow signs to Fontenay le Comte and La Roche sur Yon. Continue towards Aizenay and Challans on the D753 up to Le Perrier.
From Nantes take the A83 to Challans and then continue on the D783 to Le Perrier.
Nantes Airport 100km
One sandy stretch of golden Vendée beach is a short stroll from Camping Les Aventuriers de la Calypso: head here for watersports such as windsurfing, canoeing and kayaking, or just to lounge around on un beach towel for an afternoon or three. Fishing, sailing, horse riding and golfing are also around in the area.
The treetop trails of adventure park Le Grand Défi are within a short drive and are a topping option for a family day out: among the 20 or so trails here are five suitable for toddlers and up, and high-up adventurers can also swing along on one of 16 ziplines that zip over the park's lakes, or – ulp – tackle one of the two mighty difficult black courses.
A spot of island hopping around Noirmoutier and Yeu also comes highly recommended; also on a watery theme, you could have a splashy day out at the Océanile waterpark.
- Does Camping Les Aventuriers de la Calypso have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Les Aventuriers de la Calypso dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Aventuriers de la Calypso? One sandy stretch of golden Vendée beach is a short stroll from Camping Les Aventuriers de la Calypso: head here for watersports such as windsurfing, canoeing and kayaking, or just to lounge ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Aventuriers de la Calypso?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.