This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly site a few kilometres from Saint Gilles Croix de Vie
- Close to dozens of beaches, gardens, parks and wildlife attractions
- Bike the Sentiers Cyclables de la Vendée or walk the Sauz dunes nearby
Ever been to Saint Gilles Croix de Vie? It's a smashing seaside town that's a highly scenic spot on the Vendée's Côte de Lumière, where you can hang around the harbour for an age to see the fishing boats come in (this is a fishy town with sardines as a speciality); surf from its spectacular beach; wander through its evening markets or spend some time at the town casino.
Just outside town, biking the Sentiers Cyclables de la Vendée or strolling the Sauzaie dunes are popular picks, and dozens more golden beaches are easy to get to from here if sand's your main aim on this part of the west France coast. The famed seaside town of Les Sables d’Olonne is about 40 minutes' drive away.
A short drive from Saint Gilles at four kilometres is Camping Bellevue, a friendly site with easy access to all the above as well as the region's gardens, parks and family attractions. Info on the lot is at reception; for days on site, there's a range of modern and comfy facilities to keep you busy (and fed), including a pool and a paddling pool, a bar, restaurant and shop, a pétanque court, a playground and a games room with arcade machine, table football, hover hockey and a pool table.
Amenities are equally well looked after, and include a shower and toilet block, baths, a baby washroom and a launderette with washing machines and tumble dryers.
Bike hire is available if you want to pedal the few kilometres into Saint Gilles.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
Saint Gilles Croix de Vie is Vendée famed both as a seaside town and an important fishing port, so make sure you see both sides, with strolls and sunbathing on its excellent beach, and some serious investigation of Saint Gilles sardines.
Another scenic seaside town, Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez, is about four kilometres from Saint Gilles, stretching along the coast from Saint Gilles to nearby Saint-Jean-de-Monts. More golden sands are here, along with two public gardens and walking and cycling trails in the forest behind the beach to the town's north.
Within driving distance, you can make a splash at paintball at Le Grand Défi, 20 kilometres away, or see the birds and beasties of Les Sables d’Olonne zoo (35 kilometres) and the Planète Sauvage safari wildlife park (55 kilometres).
The islands of Noirmoutier and Yeu are 60 kilometres away and the Puy du Fou theme park – a hugely popular pick in France – is within 110 kilometres.
- Does Camping Bellevue have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Bellevue dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Bellevue? Saint Gilles Croix de Vie is Vendée famed both as a seaside town and an important fishing port, so make sure you see both sides, with strolls and sunbathing on its excellent ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Bellevue?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.