This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site near the resort town of La Tranche-sur-Mer
- Heated seasonal pool and summer pool available
- Wellness area, bar and restaurant
Settle down in the south of the Vendée region between La Rochelle and Les Sables d'Olonne at Camping Les Blancs Chênes, a family-friendly site near the resort town of La Tranche-sur-Mer – as you might guess from the town name, many a beach is in the area too.
Les Blancs Chênes has a heated covered swimming pool open throughout the season and an outdoor paddling pool, swimming pool and waterslide open in July and August; a bar, a restaurant with a roomy terrace, a grocery store, a wellness area, launderette, baby changing room and wifi access. Heaps of activities are laid on for all sizes (kids, teens and adults) in the summer season.
La Tranche-sur-Mer looks out across the Atlantic towards the Ile de Ré, so plenty of watery sports are in the area as well as quieter and calmer beaches more suitable for smalls.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Very large (over 200 sites)
Take the A11 until you reach Angers, where you will need to change on to the A87 to La Roche-sur-Yon. At junction 32 take the D747 towards La Tranche-sur-Mer. Before you reach La Tranche-sur-Mer, make a right turn onto the D2747 towards Angles and follow the signs to the campsite.
Nature spotters, watersports sorts, food fans and adventurers are all sorted in the area around Les Blancs Chênes and La Tranche-sur-Mer, with all sorts of other sights easily accessible elsewhere in Vendée.
Once you've had several days at the nearby beaches, take the kids to the famed Le Puy du Fou in Les Epesses, voted the best theme park in the world, or to clamber around the Indian Forest adventure park near Moutiers-les Mauxfaits. The Zoo des Sables d'Olonne and delving into 5000 yeas of prehistory at the museum centre Le Cairn are also popular family picks in the region.
Also have at it nearby at the medieval Château de Talmont, which has regular events and re-enactments, and at La Folie de Finfarine, where kids will be buzzed to learn all about bees.
- Does Camping Les Blancs Chênes have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Les Blancs Chênes dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Blancs Chênes? Nature spotters, watersports sorts, food fans and adventurers are all sorted in the area around Les Blancs Chênes and La Tranche-sur-Mer, with all sorts of other sights easily accessible elsewhere in Vendée. ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Blancs Chênes?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.