This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Large site a few minutes' walk from the centre of Bessé-sur-Braye
- Close to châteaux and an hour's drive from Tours and the Loire river
- Two swimming pools, tennis courts, playground, pétanque court and café
Well now, here’s a place that’ll make the eyes of your water babies light up in glee (and those of your water teens and your water grownups, for that matter). A heated outdoor pool, an indoor pool, a waterslide, a hot tub and a kids’ pool – family-friendly Camping du Val de Braye has gone all out to ensure hours of entertainment for the aquatically inclined.
But the watery pursuits don’t end there – trot down to the edge of the site and you’ll encounter the banks of the Braye river, where sunny or shaded nooks beckon for fishing folks and those in search of a quiet corner for snoozing, book reading or picnicking (ask at reception for details of how to obtain the appropriate licence for fishing; feel free to doze/read/snack at will).
There's a good lot of stuff away from the poolside too, including a pétanque court, tennis court, table tennis and playground, along with organised activities for kids in high season. Summertime socials stretch on into the evening at the on-site café, where you can gather with fellow guests for themed meals and other entertainment.
The café’s also the place for convenient drinks, snacks and meals during the the day – either in the cosy confines or on the terrace as the weather decrees. You can also pick up the necessaries at the mini market (including daily stashes of fresh bread) or wander the few minutes to Bessé-sur-Braye; don’t miss the market if you’re in town on a Saturday.
Tourist board rating
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Jumbo tent sites
Large (51-200 sites)
This is château country. The nearest is Château de Courtanvaux, a few minutes’ drive away. Here you can ramble through the rose garden or wander through the woods; kids activities run in summer and there’s also a geocaching course through the grounds.
If that’s inspired you to seek further châteaux, it’ll take you 15 minutes or so to drive to Château de Poncé, an ornate place with a particularly carved ceiling over its staircase. If you're willing to venture a little further afield, you’re about an hour away from the châteaux that line the banks of the Loire: Tours, Blois and Azay-le-Rideau being some of the faves.
Kid-friendly activities nearby include Beaumarchais Reserve zoo (45 minutes’ drive, with a safari train ride when you get there), horse and pony riding in the Vendôme forest half an hour away, and canoeing on the Loire river from Tours.
- Does Camping Du Val De Braye have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Du Val De Braye dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Du Val De Braye? This is château country. The nearest is Château de Courtanvaux, a few minutes’ drive away. Here you can ramble through the rose garden or wander through the woods; kids activities run in ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Du Val De Braye?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: Anytime