This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site between a lake and the River Loire
- A 10-minute drive from the château and wine cellars of Saumur
- Waterpark, mini farm, pony rides and sociable bar and restaurant
What an excellent Loire-side location has Domaine de la Brèche, a couple of minutes’ stroll from the bank of the River Loire, next to a lake.... and a leisurely 10-minute drive from Saumur, home to a splendid château, the Cadre Noir horse shows and several wineries.
Even with all that waiting just up the road it may well take you a while to get out and about, as there’s an lot around this 30-hectare park to distract you. For starters, many guests find it hard to resist the draw of the waterpark, with its three pools, paddling pool and waterslides; it’s a fab place to hang out in all weathers thanks to the retractable roof over one of the pools.
Family-friendly facilities elsewhere around the site include miniature golf, a tennis court, several playgrounds and a bouncy castle. The mini farm gives les enfants a chance to befriend goats, pigs and donkeys, or they can head to the equestrian centre to ride ponies in the company of professional instructors.
In summer it’s all activity from dawn to dusk, with the kids’ club organising enough antics to keep the smalls amused for hours on end, and evenings being filled with live music, quizzes and dancing. Not found time to get out and buy food? No probs – there’s a well-stocked mini market on site, along with a spacious, sociable bar and restaurant.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
The pitches were huge! It was such a great camp …
Great campsite, great facilities, helpful staff, great location.
Great family friendly site with good staff, a great restaurant
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Once you’ve wrenched yourself from the site’s clutches, start your local wanderings with a trip to Saumur – it’ll take you 10 minutes in the car or half an hour by bike (which you can hire on site should you wish). The château, tank museum and Cadre Noir riding school are all worth a visit, as are the many excellent wine cellars.
Get a taste of life underground by making the half-hour drive to the troglodyte village at Rochemenier, one of the country’s best preserved cave communities, with farm buildings, houses and a rock chapel to wander around.
Peeps with a penchant for a castle or two have come to the right place – the Loire Valley is packed with them. The châteaux of Montreuil-Bellay, Brézé, Montsoreau and Ussé are all within a half-hour drive; if the kids are a bit meh on the idea of visiting, many can be seen from the water on a Loire canoe trip.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Domaine de la Brèche have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Domaine de la Brèche dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Domaine de la Brèche? Once you’ve wrenched yourself from the site’s clutches, start your local wanderings with a trip to Saumur – it’ll take you 10 minutes in the car or half an hour by bike … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Domaine de la Brèche?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.