This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly farm site with shop selling local produce
- A 10-minute drive from Doué-la-Fontaine's caves and Bioparc zoo
- Within 25 minutes of Saumur château and Cadre Noir riding school
Up for voyages up and down the Loire Valley, sampling châteaux, liqueurs and centuries of tradition? Assuming the answer's oui (and it should be), bag a berth at La Ferme de Chéchigné.
This simple and friendly site is on a farm, 10 minutes’ drive from Doué-la-Fontaine in the Pays de la Loire region, and in a peacefully rural spot surrounded by woods of oak, chestnut and century-old cedar trees, despite its closeness to town. Visitors are welcome to wander round the grounds, watching the daily life of the farm and meeting the resident chickens, sheep and goats.
Having met the animals at base, you’re due a visit to Bioparc Doué-la-Fontaine (10 minutes’ drive): less of a zoo and more a series of wildlife habitats built around the caves of a sedimentary rock quarry millions of years old... now home to rare birds, endangered predators and native European species. In the region too for your adventurous day trips are the famed Mystère des Faluns, also 10 minutes away, and splendid Saumur within 25.
No need to travel too far for excellent eats either, as the folk at the farm do a nice line in eggs and honey, pâtés, rillettes and confits and you may bump into them selling their wares at many nearby weekly markets. Rather than leave it to chance though, you could just nip across to the farm shop and stock up...
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
If you fancy subterranean adventures, the twin sites of Troglodytes et Sarcophages and La Mystère des Faluns (10 minutes' drive) take visitors deep into the sedimentary rocks to reveal remains of tigers, elephants and sea creatures buried there aeons back, along with recent human additions like a sixth-century coffin workshop and a subterranean medieval chapel.
Those partial to a château should make for Saumur (25 minutes), whose castle overlooks the Loire next to vineyards. On that subject, many makers and purveyors of fine sparkling wines are around the city, and if that doesn’t set pulses galloping, then the tricks and showmanship of the famed Cadre Noir riding school surely will...?
Sippers and tipplers can visit Saumur’s Combier distillery for a taste of traditional liqueurs or sample Cointreau in its orangey HQ at Angers (40 minutes). Make time while in said city too for river trips, treetop walks and tethered balloon rides within the foliage of the Terra Botanica theme park, while for added exotica, go and feed bread to the jumping, bouncing residents of Jardin des Kangarous (50 minutes).
More history? At seven storeys high, Brissac's château (20 minutes) is France’s tallest, while the abbey at Fontevraud is where the graves of (English) Kings John, Henry II and Richard the Lionheart lie (40 minutes). For time travel with a touch of pizzazz, it’s worth the hour’s trip to Puy du Fou, a theme park whose shows turn the past into a live spectacular.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does La Ferme de Chéchigné have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is La Ferme de Chéchigné dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near La Ferme de Chéchigné? If you fancy subterranean adventures, the twin sites of Troglodytes et Sarcophages and La Mystère des Faluns (10 minutes' drive) take visitors deep into the sedimentary rocks to reveal remains of tigers, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of La Ferme de Chéchigné?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: Anytime