This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site in the woods 2km from Saint-Cirq-Lapopie
- In the Causses du Quercy Regional Natural Park for outdoor activities
- Restaurant with terrace overlooking pool and playground
Scoop up the kids, the dogs, the grannies and any other rellies who fancy coming along for the ride – the folks at Camping La Truffière have got family-friendly stays sorted. Wend your way towards the woods a couple of kilometres from the pretty village of Saint-Cirq-Lapopie to find four hectares of open and oak-forested space for the aforementioned kids/dogs/grannies to roam around.
Trampolines, a climbing wall, a playground, table tennis and pétanque provide plenty of scope for letting off steam, with a heated outdoor pool and paddling pool awaiting for refreshing splashes (or a delicious bit of lazy lounging, either on the sunbeds or the niftily located poolside restaurant terrace – also within viewing distance of the play areas for arm's-length supervision of the smalls).
In the summer hols, the place is a hive of gentle activity by day, with crafts, treasure hunts and the like laid on for the nippers. Not so by night, though – aside from the weekly get-together over a sociable meal, evenings are kept mercifully free of noise and antics (pleasing news for those seeking serene slumbers).
Venture out from the site into the surrounding Causses du Quercy Regional Natural Park and you’ll have easy access to all manner of walks, from leisurely strolls to more hardcore hikes. The Célé and Lot rivers are nearby for canoeing or boat trips; more intrepid guests can find caving, climbing and canyoning in the locale.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Propane/gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
You’d do well to stuff some comfy shoes in your case before heading here: the surrounding Causses du Quercy Regional Natural Park is a fab place for a hike, and even the normally activity-averse may well be keen to take the two-kilometre walk from the site to Saint-Cirq-Lapopie, a pretty medieval village that’s inspired many an artist over the years.
Also nearby for the historically inclined are the Château de Cénevieres, the prehistoric paintings in the Pech-Merle cave and the fab hands-on Cuzals open-air museum.
Alfresco antics abound in this area too – the site organises a weekly canoe trip on the Célé river in high season, or you can head for the hills for horse riding, climbing, canyoning and caving (including beginners’ courses for subterranean newbies).
- Does Camping La Truffière have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping La Truffière dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Truffière? You’d do well to stuff some comfy shoes in your case before heading here: the surrounding Causses du Quercy Regional Natural Park is a fab place for a hike, and even the ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping La Truffière?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: noon – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: noon