This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Site in the mountains with its own lagoon and beach
- 2km from Bagnères-de-Bigorre spa town and 20km from Lourdes
- Pool with watersides, beach volleyball, playground and tennis courts
How does a beach in the mountains sound? If, rightly, you're thinking it sounds just tiptop, get along with immediacy to Camping Le Monlôo in Bagnères-de-Bigorre in the Hautes-Pyrénées.
The site is at the foot of the Pic du Midi, with its own lagoon with sandy beach for sunny mountain days on the sands or in the water. It's in an area of mountain biking, climbing and hiking all year round, as well as downhill and cross-country skiing at the local resorts in the winter months. famed thermal spa town Bagnères-de-Bigorre is a couple of kilometres away, close to the Grottes de Médous pilgrimage caves.
The site's leisure facilities include a pool with waterslides, beach volleyball, a pétanque court, tennis courts, table tennis, basketball and football areas, and a playground with trampoline and inflatable. Entertainment such as karaoke nights and theme dinners is organised in high season.
Among the amenities are showers, toilets, disabled facilities, a washing-up area and a drying room.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Lake and/or mountain
Large (51-200 sites)
The spa town of Bagnères-de-Bigorre two kilometres away has a long and ancient history, first conquered by one Julius Caesar in his lengthy Gaulish missions, and home to a good handful of historic monuments and old buildings including the 13th-century Church of St John and the 17th-century Uzer House. The town has three museums, the Salies Museum of Fine Arts, the Salut Natural History Museum and the Marble Museum.
Bagnères-de-Bigorre is two kilometres from the Grotte de Médous, an underground cavern filled with stalactites, stalagmites and draperies. Also nearby are a golf course (two kilometres); the 12th-century Escaladieu Abbey, an important stop on the Way of St. James enroute to Spain (12 kilometres), and villages of the Baronnies area including Uzer (four kilometres), Fréchendets (eight kilometres) and Asque (12 kilometres).
Getting active, climbing is available at Chiroulet, 10 kilometres away, and more climbing and skiing at the Pic du Midi and Domaine du Tourmalet, both within 20 kilometres.
Keeping on the pilgrim theme, France's most visited religious site, Lourdes, is 20 kilometres away.
- Does Camping Le Monlôo have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Le Monlôo dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Le Monlôo? The spa town of Bagnères-de-Bigorre two kilometres away has a long and ancient history, first conquered by one Julius Caesar in his lengthy Gaulish missions, and home to a good handful of ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Le Monlôo?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon