This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site in a forest a kilometre from Seissan
- Three lakes on site with sandy beach, canoes and fishing areas
- Restaurant with bar and terrace, plus outdoor pool and kids' areas
Well, the clue’s in the name here, isn’t it? Domaine Lacs de Gascogne is a spacious and relaxed place in a 12-hectare forest area a kilometre from the petite Midi-Pyrénées town of Seissan, and takes its moniker from the fact that it’s got a generous three lakes on its Gascony site.
And those lakes aren’t just for ornament (pretty as they are) – there’s a beach area for splashing and sandcastle building, free canoes to paddle and plenty of places to fish for pike and carp, either on the floating platform or by the lakeside. With all this going on, the lake’s not suitable for swimmers, but those who fancy a dip don’t have far to stroll to the outdoor pool.
Away from the aquatic antics, there’s heaps more to keep the family amused – a playground, bouncy castle, table tennis, pétanque court, gym and sports pitches are among the facilities. In summer the site also lays on activities and outings for all ages from the tinies to the grownups, and a programme of family-friendly evening entertainment. And at any time, the small sorts can hang out with pals at the indoor kids’ club area or the teens’ lounge for games of pool or table football.
For eats and drinks, there’s a restaurant on site with a cosy bar area and an outdoor terrace; they serve up petit dejeuner and freshly baked pastries of a morning as well as a range of tasty local dishes for dinner.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Propane/gas cylinders available
Lake and/or mountain
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Jumbo tent sites
Large (51-200 sites)
This is a super spot for cycling and walking – it’s the kind of area where you can stroll through the sunflower fields, wander to local markets (try Seissan, 20 minutes’ walk away, on a Friday) or cycle to a little village for lunch (Mont d’Astarac, an hour away by bike or 25 minutes’ drive, is a particularly fine choice).
More intrepid types can head south to the Pyrenees in around an hour for uphill hikes with some stunning views; those who prefer something more sedate can hit Château de Lavardens or Château de Mauvezin by driving north for 45 minutes or so. Either way, cooling splashes can be had on the return leg at the Ludina waterpark, 20 minutes away.
It’s worth making the trip to Auch (25 minutes away) too, to seek out the bronze statue of local lad d’Artagnan, visit the UNESCO-listed cathedral and climb the 234 steps of the Escalier Monumental for some cracking views (and maybe a cake or ice cream to reward your efforts).
- Does Domaine Lacs de Gascogne have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Domaine Lacs de Gascogne dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Domaine Lacs de Gascogne? This is a super spot for cycling and walking – it’s the kind of area where you can stroll through the sunflower fields, wander to local markets (try Seissan, 20 minutes’ walk ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Domaine Lacs de Gascogne?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.