This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful English-run site 15 minutes from the historic town of Uzerche
- Wildlife haven with petting farm, lake and trout river
- Fairy garden, donkey rides, play area and delivered breakfasts
Fishing for trout in a peaceful wildlife haven in Limousin, with an on-site fairy garden to entrance the kids and a lake for restful waterside afternoons: Camping Moulin de la Geneste is really rather fab.
Set a few minutes from the village of Condat-sur-Ganaveix and under 15 minutes' drive from Uzerche, this lush place is run by a friendly English family who'll do their utmost to ensure everyone has a top time. Previous guests have waxed lyrical about the attractions of this green site and its suitability for small sorts: as well as the fairy garden and space to run around, Moulin de la Geneste has a small farm with goats, sheep, chickens, chicks and rabbits, ducks, pigs and ponies.
Kids will be also chuffed to hear they can book rides on the resident donkeys, to trot around proudly around the grounds in grand style. And after that? Take smalls to try and spy more elusive critters at the fairy garden (grownup fun can involve regular claiming a fairy was 'just there'), before letting them calm down – somewhat – at the play area.
Also on site is a small lake for fishing and kayaking, and a river where canny anglers might be able to land a trout or two. A pétanque court, table tennis and badminton court cover your ball game options, along with a basketball hoop for use by taller types.
Among the other comforts are a communal barbecue overlooking the lake, communal fridges, and a motorhome service area. The site has a food shop and – how splendid – can offer breakfast delivered to your part of the grounds.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Propane/gas cylinders available
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Small (11-25 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Lake and/or mountain
The old town of Uzerche around 15 minutes' drive away has been nicknamed the pearl of the Limousin: once you arrive here you'll see why, and why Limousin nobility throughout the centuries have had their houses here.
Make your first port of call the Uzerche tourist office for a map of the town showing the many monuments and buildings to see, such as the 12th-century Church of Saint-Pierre with medieval garden, the 14th-century Prince Noir tower, and the 17th-century Maison Boyer Chammard, overlooking the river. (If all this bores the kids, get them to spot how many turrets and fairylike stoneworks they can see on a wander round).
Back at base, Camping Moulin de la Geneste is on a country road connecting two villages: Condat-sur-Ganaveix two kilometes away and Eyburie within three. Ditch the car to get to either, via a peaceful and scenic stroll or bike ride among pine trees and green countryside.
Canoeing, kayaking and cycling further afield are also top picks around here: ask on site for more info.
- Does Camping Moulin de la Geneste have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Moulin de la Geneste dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Moulin de la Geneste? The old town of Uzerche around 15 minutes' drive away has been nicknamed the pearl of the Limousin: once you arrive here you'll see why, and why Limousin nobility throughout the centuries ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Moulin de la Geneste?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.