This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful park in a green valley among the Margeride mountains
- Surrounded by 23 French Hiking Federation hiking trails
- Excellent trout fishing in the network of rivers nearby
Clear fishing rivers, top-notch hiking trails and lush green scenery all nicely illustrate Camping le Vieux Moulin's splendid valley setting in the Margeride mountains. Whatever your French countryside fancy – river or lake fishing, whitewater sports, challenging hikes, gentle rambles or safe and simple lazing around, you'll most certainly find something here to while away your hours with.
This site is in a scenic spot crisscrossed by rivers and streams filled with trout and visited regularly by salmon and plenty of other fine fishy specimens. A full 23 French Hiking Federation hiking circuits lie around the land surrounding the site, extending out over meadows, across streams, and through deep shaded forests dotted with huge granite boulders; elsewhere, the actively minded can stride out along GR and PR paths past mills, fountains and moorland.
The self-contained accommodation includes a kitchenette with hobs, microwave and mini oven; a living room and dining area; comfy beds and linen, and a shower room and separate toilet. The lodges at Camping le Vieux Moulin also come with their own private terrace for evenings of chaise-lounging around with a glass of apres-barbecue wine while you sit back and survey your spectacular French environs.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Mountain biking nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
Natural attractions abound around here, and the varied landscape of the Margeride mountains provides many a fishing, hiking and watersports option to eager outdoorsy types.
The trout fishing around here is excellent: the canton of Grandrieu is full to the brim with streams and rivers, and any traditional fishing technique can be employed in their waters. The clear waters of the Allier are famed for the high quality of their fish stock (trout, minnow, stud, sculpin, large barbel and chub all included), while the Chapeauroux is one of the few French rivers in which salmon, trout and shade live together. Staff at the site are on hand to help you out with everything you need for an excellent trout fishing trip, and will tell you exactly where you can procure your fishing licenses, baits and tackle – as well as where to catch the best fish.
Other places of interest in the local area include the Chapeauroux gorges and the Chapeauroux viaduct, the 15th-century Château de Condres and the church of Grandrieu, as well as a buffalo reserve and the 140 wolves that roam their protected 20-hectare sanctuary within Parc des Loups de Gévaudan.
- Does Camping Le Vieux Moulin have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Le Vieux Moulin dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Le Vieux Moulin? Natural attractions abound around here, and the varied landscape of the Margeride mountains provides many a fishing, hiking and watersports option to eager outdoorsy types. The trout fishing around here is excellent: ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Le Vieux Moulin?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.