This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family-friendly site next to the Ognon river
- Spectacular riverside setting a kilometre's stroll from Pesmes
- Canoeing trips and fishing on the adjacent river and from Pesmes
Peaceful, pretty, next to a river and a short drive from the Jura mountains... if you reckon you can be as energised or as idle as you like at the Haute-Saône's Camping la Colombière, you'll surely reckon right.
Your idle options include just idling around this spectacularly scenic Franche-Comté site – 'beautiful' and 'stunning' are how chuffed former guests have summed up its setting – and it's easy to get active too, with canoeing and paddleboarding trips within a kilometre or close by at Marney lake. The Ognon river flows past the site if you'd care for some angling (or sitting lazily by the river if you can bag a waterside pitch).
Camping la Colombière is a quiet and family-friendly site in eastern France, a kilometre and within easy ambling distance from the spectacularly scenic town of Pesmes. Townie sightseeing (and activities, should you further please) are simply sorted from here too: Dole is 25 minutes' drive from here, Dijon 45, and both Beaune and Besançon within 55.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Excellent site with clean facilities, friendly staff and level pitches
Quiet site close to lovely river. Perfect for swimming. Large …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Camping facile d'accès,propre et très calme.
From the manager...
Merci ! Au plaisir de vous accueillir à nouveau.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for caravans
The handsome little town of Pesmes on the banks of the Ognan has scenic sights aplenty including 16th-century houses, a medieval castle and the 12th-century Church of Saint-Hilaire with bell tower. Cross the bridge from town to the other side of the river to look back for the best views, of the 16th-century houses and the castle on Pesmes' hill.
A hugely famed old site is within easy reach of Camping la Colombière: the French Town of Art and History settlement of Besançon (45 minutes' drive), home to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of 17th-century fortress the Citadel of Besançon. This is a splendid spot for all ages and a must-do for a day trip: the citadel has several museums telling the heady tale of the human and animal habitation of the region, as well as a zoo, an insectarium, an aquarium and a farm to keep kids content.
If you're now up for some more energetic activity, it's about 20 minutes' drive from the site to Marnay, to get stuck into mountain biking and archery, and 40 minutes to the Acro'Mania adventure park for roaming around the forest of Chevigny-Saint-Sauveur.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping La Colombiere have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping La Colombiere dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Colombiere? The handsome little town of Pesmes on the banks of the Ognan has scenic sights aplenty including 16th-century houses, a medieval castle and the 12th-century Church of Saint-Hilaire with bell tower. Cross … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping La Colombiere?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.