This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Loire Valley site with easy access to famed châteaux
- Within walking distance of the sandy beach of Montrichard
- Restaurant and snack bar serving local specialities and quick bites
It's only a kilometre or so from the Loire Valley site of Camping Couleurs Du Monde to the excellent sandy beach of Montrichard, a spacious riverside spot with summer entertainment, a playground and a kids' riding school.
Canoeing, fishing, rowing and cycling can all be had around here, or you could set off to investigate as many Loire Valley châteaux as is possible on one trip: several acclaimed examples including Blois and Amboise are reachable in well under an hour's drive.
A good range of activities is arranged on site in school holidays for days staying close to base, and there's also a pool and a paddling pool, a pétanque court, a TV room and a spacious play area to let loose on the slides, inflatables and trampoline.
If you also rightly think a French hol should include an extensive sampling of the local cuisine as well as local châteaux, the Couleurs Du Monde restaurant and snack bar dish up local specialities as well as a good selection of quick bites.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Excellent camping propre personnel sympathique
Grand emplacement, ombragé, site tres correcte
Excellent camping très bien situé, très propre avec un personnel top !
Netter Service, großzügige Stellplätze
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Convenience store nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
Several châteaux are within easy reach of the site, such as Château de Chenonceau (12 kilometres), one of the most famed château destinations in the Loire Valley for its spectacular setting spanning the Cher river.
You should also have a look at Château d'Amboise (20 kilometres), a royal residence scenically set above the Loire; the 10th-century Château de Chaumont (21 kilometres) and its museum and summer garden festival; Château de Montpoupon, 10 kilometres south of Montrichard, and Château de Blois (38 kilometres), home throughout the ages to several French kings.
A tiptop option for castle fans too is the Mini-Châteaux Park at Amboise, which has 45 famed French châteaux reproduced to 1/25 of their size: if you're in a dither about which full-sized châteaux to visit first, a look at them in miniature should give you a helping hand.
Elsewhere in the area, you could get up close with the inhabitants of the Grand Aquarium de Touraine five minutes' drive from Amboise, or at the famed wildlife park of ZooParc de Beauval within about 20 minutes. The safari train of the Reserve de Beaumarchais is about half an hour away in Autrèche.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Couleurs Du Monde have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Couleurs Du Monde dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Couleurs Du Monde? Several châteaux are within easy reach of the site, such as Château de Chenonceau (12 kilometres), one of the most famed château destinations in the Loire Valley for its spectacular setting spanning … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Couleurs Du Monde?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.