This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lakeside site a kilometre from the centre of Issy l'Évêque
- Close to Morvan Regional Natural Park and 200km of cycle routes
- Swimming pool, miniature golf, beach volleyball and restaurant
Bike hire is available at Camping les Portes du Morvan. Which is mighty nifty, as it's in an excellent area to explore on two wheels, with over 200 kilometres of dedicated cycle routes in the Saône-et-Loire area, and more cycling (and hiking) routes 10 kilometres away in the Morvan Regional Natural Park.
Camping les Portes du Morvan is a Burgundy lakeside site a kilometre from the centre of Issy l'Évêque. The lake, Étang Neuf, has a beach for swimming and you can fish with a permit from the site; just pay for a day ticket at reception.
There's a pool on site to also keep you occupied, and a beach volleyball court, a paddling pool, miniature golf and a games room. The restaurant serves traditional Burgundian meals among a wide range of dishes – burn it all off afterwards with a long bike ride or a lengthy session in the site fitness room.
Activities for all ages are arranged in high season, along with weekly themed meals in the restaurant.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Lake and/or mountain
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Propane/gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
These lands are made for pedalling, with over 200 kilometres of Voies Vertes cycle routes in the Saône-et-Loire area. Details of the trails, guided walks and a weekly kids' club are all at the tourist information centre in Issy l'Évêque. Horse riding, hiking and – but of course – Burgundy vineyards are easy to access from here too: ask the Portes du Morvan team to point you in the right direction.
About 10 kilometres to the north, the Morvan Regional Natural Park covers lakes, woodland and farmland over all four departments of Burgundy. It has several hiking trails to tackle, including the GRP Tour du Morvan, covering 220 kilometres making up 30 walks; the GR 13, bisecting the park for 140 kilometres north to south; the Bibracte-Alesia, 120 kilometres of trail from Celtic Bibracte to Alesia, and – an easy one – the six and a half kilometre path of the Tour des Remparts.
The Tour des Ramparts is around the ramparts of Bibracte, about 30 kilometres from the site on a wooded summit in the Morvan hills. This was one of the most vital hillforts of Gaul and an important Celtic stronghold before Caesar and his lot arrived during the Gallic Wars: go and see the tale of it all at Bibracte's Museum of Celtic Civilization.
- Does Camping les Portes du Morvan have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping les Portes du Morvan dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping les Portes du Morvan? These lands are made for pedalling, with over 200 kilometres of Voies Vertes cycle routes in the Saône-et-Loire area. Details of the trails, guided walks and a weekly kids' club are all ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping les Portes du Morvan?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.