This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Scenic lakeside site in the Livradois-Forez Regional Natural Park
- On Saint-Rémy-sur-Durolle's outskirts, a 15-minute drive from Thiers
- Outdoor swimming pool, wifi, bar, restaurant and essentials shop
Looking for a lake to linger next to in the Livradois-Forez Regional Natural Park? Then venture to Village Vacances Les Demeures du Lac and prop yourself up by the pool on the banks of a blissful body of water – the snazzy setup here is enough to make any swimmer (or sunbather…) swoon.
Nab yourself a nook with eye-popping views over the shores towards the gorgeous green trees circling this family-friendly place in Saint-Rémy-sur-Durolle. Pedalos and paddleboards are for rent if you fancy gliding on the water and the local village has plenty of activities, from tennis and squash to football and miniature golf, to keep visitors busy.
In need of a big meal after active times? A restaurant and a shop are back on base and other eateries are a short walk away in Saint-Rémy-sur-Durolle. Have a drink in the park’s bar after sampling the regional grub or pick up a beer from a shop to sip on the banks of the lake as the sun sets over the water.
While the swish setting of this park means there’s no need to go far for entertainment, it makes an excellent starting point for explores around the green forests of the Auvergne region. It’s a 15-minute drive from one of the Livradois-Forez’s largest settlements, Thiers, and the Vulcania theme park is 55 minutes away for the sprogs.
The site also has wifi for uploading those memory-preserving social media snaps of your time away.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Hiking and biking sorts regularly flock to the Livradois-Forez Regional Natural Park and take on the trails in this 320,000-hectare area of conifer forests, lush fields and high-altitude moors. Yet there’s much more to do hereabouts than wander and cycle.
Totter to Thiers (15 minutes’ drive), known as France’s ‘cutlery capital’ because of its knife-making heritage, for a trip around the old town’s sloping streets. Stop by timber-framed and corbelled houses like the Hôtel du Pirou, taking pretty pictures enroute.
Another urban area for an amble is the Puy-de-Dôme university city of Clermont-Ferrand (40 minutes). Drop by to peer at the gothic-style Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption Cathedral – built out of lava stone sourced from this region known for its ancient volcanoes – in the fountain-filled Place de Jaude square.
Walkers might want to head off on a hike in the Chaîne des Puys mountains surrounding the city, while those with sprogs can make a beeline north west towards the volcano-themed Vulcania amusement park (55 minutes). For chilled days, venture to the Vichy’s thermal baths (50 minutes) for long, serene soaks.
- Does Village Vacances Les Demeures du Lac have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Village Vacances Les Demeures du Lac dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Village Vacances Les Demeures du Lac? Hiking and biking sorts regularly flock to the Livradois-Forez Regional Natural Park and take on the trails in this 320,000-hectare area of conifer forests, lush fields and high-altitude moors. Yet there’s much … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Village Vacances Les Demeures du Lac?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.