This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site in the Livradois-Forez Regional Natural Park
- Hiking, cycling, skiing and nature spotting all easily accessible
- Pool, fishing pond, playground and summer snack bar
Nature spotters, serenity seekers, hikers and bikers: this is the nature park site pour vous.
Based at Olliergues in the Puy-de-Dôme department, Auvergne's Camping Les Chelles is right in the Livradois-Forez Regional Natural Park, over 320,000 hectares of greenery, peaks and waterways making up one of France's biggest nature parks... and a top spot for hiking and cycling as well as cross country skiing and snowshoeing if you're around in the colder months.
Over 120 small French villages are around the park too, along with peaceful days rambling around the Dore riverbanks, the Auvergne Trades Trail, or the small traditional farms selling Fourme d'Ambert cheese…
Camping Les Chelles is a family-friendly site, where the friendly team arranges regular evening entertainment in summer for guests. Among its many modern facilities are an outdoor seasonal pool, a fishing pond, a playground, a tennis court and a ping pong table. The snack bar is open in summer and has free wifi.
The amenities block has toilets, free hot showers, a washing-up area and facilities suitable for guests with disabilities.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
You'll find weeks' worth of things to see and do in Camping Les Chelles surrounding area of the Livradois-Forez Regional Natural Park, whether your tastes tend to serene strolls among spectacular scenery and French heritage, tackling hiking trails, hurtling down mountains on skis or cantering among lovely landscapes on horseback.
Among the many excellent options in the park are a trip on the Agrivap Tourist Train, running for 85 kilometres among the Livradois-Forez landscape; a boat ride on the Dore river along the backdrop of the mountains, and an amble around the farms and shops selling produce of the region like the cheese of Ambert and the pink garlic of Billom.
The Route des Métiers or Auvergne Trades Trail is also a good option, to see the work of the local artisans still using traditional methods in their knife making (the nearby Thiers area produces 70% of the country's knives) and in paper producing at the Moulin Richard-de-Bas.
- Does Camping les Chelles have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping les Chelles dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping les Chelles? You'll find weeks' worth of things to see and do in Camping Les Chelles surrounding area of the Livradois-Forez Regional Natural Park, whether your tastes tend to serene strolls among spectacular scenery … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping les Chelles?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – midnight Depart by: 11:30 a.m.