This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family site in the Auvergne Volcanoes Regional Natural Park
- A short drive from Vulcania theme park
- Pools, bar, terrace restaurant, artisan bakery, archery and shop
Fancy a trip to the longest chain of volcanoes in Europe? (And even if you didn’t before, you’re intrigued now, non?) There are 80 craters in the Auvergne Volcanoes Regional Natural Park, providing as many puys, ridges, plateaus and valleys as even the most avid hiker could possibly require.
They’re rather splendid to look at too, for spectacular backdrops to whatever you opt to do around these parts. Settle in for a stay at Ranch des Volcans to have easy access to the area’s many natural attractions as well as plenty of activities at the site.
Central to the site is the pool area, a fab open-air complex with something for everyone – a big one, a small one and a paddling pool for the tiddlers – next to the playground and miniature golf course. Other leisurely facilities include a multisports pitch, pétanque, giant chess and archery (extra charge for archery) as well as a games room with arcade games and billiards.
Of an evening, have dinner at the restaurant or mosey over to the bar to join your neighbours for a spot of entertainment. If you’re cooking for yourself it’s easy to pick up all the essentials at the grocery store, and get your day off to a tiptop start by ordering your fresh bread and pastries.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
If you like a loud and busy site this is for you. They had a great ban
Clean pitches, friendly staff, great location for puy de dome
Pitches VERY uneven unable to level caravan even with chocs & blocks
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
It’s a five-minute drive or 20-minute walk to the nearest town Châtel-Guyon, famed for its spas; make your day even more stress free by taking the shuttle bus running from the site to the town and the baths several times a day. If you’ve developed a taste for the warm waters, have a second dip over in Royat half an hour away.
And, of course there are those volcanoes – Puy-de-Dôme is the biggie, with miles of hiking trails suitable for all the family, and a small train to help on the way with some of the climb. Nearby is Vulcania theme park, with interactive games, exhibitions and workshops for kids of all ages; both of these are around a half-hour drive from the site.
The chain of volcanoes in the Auvergne Volcanoes Regional Natural Park stretches to the south for 40 kilometres, so if you’re a keen hiker, mountain biker or climber you’ve got plenty to choose from, as well as lake swimming, horse riding, watersports and more – pick up leaflets locally or ask on site for details of all your options.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Le Ranch des Volcans have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Le Ranch des Volcans dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Le Ranch des Volcans? It’s a five-minute drive or 20-minute walk to the nearest town Châtel-Guyon, famed for its spas; make your day even more stress free by taking the shuttle bus running from the site … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Le Ranch des Volcans?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 11 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.